House Blends

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Nov 25th, '05, 18:28

House Blends

by Deleted User #115 » Nov 25th, '05, 18:28

I think it's be great if Adagio made some house blends of teas! I know there are a few teas like Cassablanca twist, traditional mixes like English Breakfast, and flavors like the wonderful holiday teas, but I would love trying some of your own house blends of teas.

While teas alone are so good, blending flavors can really add to the body of teas in my opinion. And who else better to blend teas than the people who know each tea so well? Please consider making your own tea medleys?

User avatar
Nov 26th, '05, 01:14
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 18:05
Location: Philadelphia

by klemptor » Nov 26th, '05, 01:14

I actually whooped out loud when I read this. (And then The Cat, whom The Boyfriend and me are petsitting for TB's parents, cocked one ear back and looked at me quite strangely. I hate when she does this.)

*Ahem* My point is - great idea, J!
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.

User avatar
Nov 26th, '05, 04:17
Posts: 102
Joined: Sep 6th, '05, 15:59
Location: Cincinnati, OH

by Tadiera » Nov 26th, '05, 04:17

Wouldn't this go along with the "alchemy" idea that was discussed?

I like the idea, but I admit, I am a bit afraid of mixing teas, myself. I'm not sure I'd be able to come up with anything good!
On the subject of ordering Papa John's online:
Mike B - It's like ordering porn -- only tastier.

User avatar
Nov 26th, '05, 04:32
Posts: 328
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 18:05
Location: Philadelphia

by klemptor » Nov 26th, '05, 04:32

Indigo Tea Company has a house tea called Indigo Blend which is a blend of Yunnan and some form of Jasmine (their site is contradictory as to whether it's a black or a green; my feeling, from looking at the leaves, is that it's an oolong similar to Adagio's Jasmine #5). I'm really enjoying it. (I just made a cup of it.)

As far as the alchemy, I don't really recall that discussion except for that it seemed to center solely on pre-flavored teas. It would be nice if, when the blending option is re-launched, we were able to blend unflavored black teas together as well.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.