http://www.puerhshop.com/index.php?main ... cts_id=297
I'm interested in this due to the color and price. This will be part of my second order from puerhshop.com and I'm still a pu'erh n00b, so I wanted to get some educated opinions before I placed an order. I thoroughly enjoyed the previous suggestions I got here. I did a search and didn't get any results pertaining to this tea. The description sounds very intriguing!
thanks!
Dec 7th, '08, 18:50
Posts: 24
Joined: Sep 18th, '08, 19:09
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Contact:
zipflint
I have not tried it ...
So my opinon is based solely on the description ...
it is 100g, so $8.80 translates to $31.42 if it were a 357g beeng (full size)
Seems a bit pricey for a bit of an unknown.... For shu, there are some menghai cakes that are half the price on a per gram basis.
Of course, it might be the best undiscovered cake there is, and my adage of "You Get What You Pay For" comes into play ...
So my opinon is based solely on the description ...
it is 100g, so $8.80 translates to $31.42 if it were a 357g beeng (full size)
Seems a bit pricey for a bit of an unknown.... For shu, there are some menghai cakes that are half the price on a per gram basis.
Of course, it might be the best undiscovered cake there is, and my adage of "You Get What You Pay For" comes into play ...
Dec 7th, '08, 19:20
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 17:07
Location: The Isle of Malta
I agree with Tom and Tony, sheng is something you can stray away from the bigger companies more, but with shu and the way it is processed... well I just wouldn't trust some random factory. When your talking shu pu, I say stick with the factories that know how to do it and have been perfecting it since its beginning.
Dec 7th, '08, 19:47
Posts: 24
Joined: Sep 18th, '08, 19:09
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Contact:
zipflint
Definitely a little pricey on a per-gram basis. That's sort of why I'm eyeballing it. I see it as an opportunity to sample some "high end" stuff, and have enough around to enjoy for a while.
:edit after subsequent replies:
ah. I did not know that this particular factory isn't one of the more established producers. I will be taking that into consideration.
:edit after subsequent replies:
ah. I did not know that this particular factory isn't one of the more established producers. I will be taking that into consideration.
Please keep in mind that "high end" does not equal higher price all the time. In fact, a lot of pu heads around here are more your "bargain" shopper, looking for those really good items that arent really all that expensive.zipflint wrote:Definitely a little pricey on a per-gram basis. That's sort of why I'm eyeballing it. I see it as an opportunity to sample some "high end" stuff, and have enough around to enjoy for a while.
Dec 7th, '08, 21:22
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 17:07
Location: The Isle of Malta
Dec 7th, '08, 21:49
Posts: 1633
Joined: Feb 15th, '08, 10:15
Location: Pennsylvania
Dec 7th, '08, 22:44
Posts: 529
Joined: Jul 23rd, '08, 17:07
Location: The Isle of Malta
They're not bad at all, and hard to beat the price. It's hard to find $3 samples, let alone a 100g tuo.shogun89 wrote:Are these nice, I haven't tried them yet? A good price, after doing the math an qual ammount of it in a cake would cost $10.6.tony shlongini wrote:you may want to try the very nice Nanjian phoenix tuo- a whopping $2.99 for a very nice tuo of shu.
Dec 7th, '08, 23:19
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 11:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Contact:
hop_goblin
If I had my choice you can't really go wrong with XiaGuan Xiao Fa or under its better known name the XiaGuan Tuocha For Export.
Don't always believe what you think!
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/