Tazo Teas

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Dec 22nd, '08, 08:07

Tazo Teas

by AlexG » Dec 22nd, '08, 08:07

Any of you guys tried and like Tazo teas?

I've been hooked on the Awake tea and recently tried the Joy and Earl Grey Tazos and both were delicious and I was never a fan of Earl Greys now I am.

Have you tried tazos? Your thoughts?

Dec 22nd, '08, 09:33

by Riene » Dec 22nd, '08, 09:33

I like the Tazo Awake, and their China Green Tips was my introduction to green tea.

They have a fun website, too.

http://www.tazo.com
Although my neighbors are all barbarians,
And you, you are a thousand miles away,
There are always two cups on my table.
--Tang Dynasty

Dec 24th, '08, 00:20

by Thirsty Daruma » Dec 24th, '08, 00:20

There herbals are alright for serving to guests, but personally couldn't get into any of them. When it comes to mass market bagged teas, I prefer Twining's.

Dec 24th, '08, 11:48

by andy825 » Dec 24th, '08, 11:48

My husband used to really like Tazo, until he started drinking loose-leaf tea. Then he couldn't go back. If I'm stuck with teabags, I really prefer Numi to Tazo. But I only settle for tea bags under the direst of circumstances...

Jan 6th, '09, 22:25

by bi lew chun » Jan 6th, '09, 22:25

I used to find the Tazo Awake pretty acceptable. Recently, though, I ran out of loose Assam while making chai, and opened up some bags of Awake as a substitution. It was a poor substitution, and the loose Assam was just a basic one from Mighty Leaf.

Jan 6th, '09, 23:48

by devites » Jan 6th, '09, 23:48

Tazo is all broken up and sh*tty compared to loose leaf providers. $0.50 (for the teabag) can get you way more bang for you buck in the loose leaf world. I never ever drink teabag tea except for twice in the last 2 years and both times were Mighty Leaf. Im pretty passionate about loose leaf.

Free the Tea Let It Breathe

Jan 10th, '09, 15:32

by Sinister » Jan 10th, '09, 15:32

Tazo is the only drinkable bagged tea that I've had so far. Their Earl Grey and Passion tea are very good. Alton Brown reccomends them. *shrugs*

Idk...Awake is decent, even though black tea isn't usually my cup of tea.

-Sin
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Jan 10th, '09, 18:12

by greenisgood » Jan 10th, '09, 18:12

I'm a pretty snobby tea drinker but when it comes to tea at the airport it doesn't get better than Seattle's Best Coffee's loose-leaf Tazo China Green Tips. Where else in an airport can you get three steeps out of a pretty good Chinese green?

Jan 22nd, '09, 16:01

by silvermage2000 » Jan 22nd, '09, 16:01

Well I like the tazo zen and the awake tea isn't to bad.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Jan 22nd, '09, 20:36

by shardy53 » Jan 22nd, '09, 20:36

I had a few cups of the Tazo Zen this Christmas. I received a gift basket with some Tazo in it so I tried it. I also like some of the Tazo herbal teas, but I think that the Celestial Seasonings Herbals are better.

Jan 23rd, '09, 02:02

by JasonC » Jan 23rd, '09, 02:02

I have tried a vast majority of the Tazo line, and I currently have a few of their teas in my "stock" of tea( in bag form ). I am not a huge green tea fan, but I have tried quite a few of their green teas as well.

Here is a picture of the tea gift box I received(don't kill me Chip!), did you get the same one? It's labeled "A Taste of Tazo."

List of teas in no order, with a rating 1 out of 10, and a short comment:

Awake -- black tea blend
Rating: 7.5
I really like this tea, it's bold and smooth.

China Green Tips -- green tea blend
Rating: 5
Smooth and mellow flavor.

Zen -- Herbal infusion (lemon grass and spearmint)
Rating: 4
decent, has a "zing" to it, with a mint tones.. what you'd expect.

Berryblossom White -- White tea blend with Blueberry and white cranberry
Rating: 5
pretty decent, has a nice light berry flavor to it, slightly tart.

Passion -- Herbal infusion (Hibiscus, lemon grass, rose hips, mango, passion fruit flowers)
Rating: 6
Rather interesting flavor, slightly strong and pungent. Decent herbal blend.

Organic Chai -- Spiced black tea blend(more Indian than oriental style)
Rating: 7
I really like this tea, try it with steamed milk for a tea-Latte, it's great!

If your a fan of the awake tea, you might also enjoy some of the Keemun blends, Keemun Rhapsody is one I really like from Adagio. I also like the Twinings English Breakfast, Darjeeling, and on occasion the Earl Grey. Give them a try.

Anyway, that's my $0.02 on Tazo.

Thanks,
--Jason

Jan 23rd, '09, 11:42

by Cinnamon Kitty » Jan 23rd, '09, 11:42

I got two of those boxes for Christmas from people who thought they would be perfect gifts for someone who loves tea. I wasn't too thrilled with them, but the boxes themselves are rather nice at least.

I tried the Berryblossom White out of curiosity and it was relatively tasty. I used to drink the China Green Tips and the Zen all the time, but now they are just kept around for my emergency tea stash. I will probably end up bringing them to work to drink there, or to leave in the cupboard next to the box of Lipton green tea. The other one from Tazo that I liked is their Lotus, which is a decaffeinated flavored green tea. I don't really care for teabags, but I will drink them in dire circumstances.

Jan 23rd, '09, 14:47

by linnefaulk » Jan 23rd, '09, 14:47

I grew up on Tetley Tea. We only drank it iced, OK, sweet.

Recently I tried Black Tea Latte at Starbucks and love it. I got the Tazo Assorted box and am working my way through it. I like Awake and Green Tips. Passion was disgusting. I am learning to like Chai (not big on cloves).

I just got my first order from Adagio so I don't have a comparison of loose versus bagged. I do like the variety that adagio has.
sharon

Jan 23rd, '09, 17:12

by JasonC » Jan 23rd, '09, 17:12

linnefaulk wrote:I grew up on Tetley Tea. We only drank it iced, OK, sweet.

Recently I tried Black Tea Latte at Starbucks and love it. I got the Tazo Assorted box and am working my way through it. I like Awake and Green Tips. Passion was disgusting. I am learning to like Chai (not big on cloves).

I just got my first order from Adagio so I don't have a comparison of loose versus bagged. I do like the variety that adagio has.
Yeah, I grew up on "Sweet Tea" southern style, lots of sugar, diluted tea. Oddly enough I never really liked it with ice. I found that if I took it with ice, I tended to drink it really fast so it didn't get even more watered down.

I have to say the loose variety once you get the knack for the leaf to water ratio over steep time formula for a particular tea to produce a tea that you enjoy, it is far and away better. I am rather sure once you get your order, that you will agree.

I also agree with Cinnamon Kitty, I tend to like the box more than the actual tea inside. :) I think the Awake and the Chai are alright though.

Thanks,
--Jason

Jan 23rd, '09, 20:47

by linnefaulk » Jan 23rd, '09, 20:47

JasonC wrote: Yeah, I grew up on "Sweet Tea" southern style, lots of sugar, diluted tea. Oddly enough I never really liked it with ice. I found that if I took it with ice, I tended to drink it really fast so it didn't get even more watered down.
Now that's where we differ. Ours was always strong, very strong. It almost looked like molasses. :lol:
sharon

+ Post Reply