How to measure/scoop
Forgive me for such a basic question but exactly how do you measure your tea? I'm new and I'm asking because I was reading the thread on how much tea to use and everyone seems to have it down to an exact scientific ratio based on the tea. I've been using a measuring tsp. and trying to dig into these little sample tins I got. Well, it spills tea everywhere and to fill the spoon I have to add a few pinches from my fingers into the measure. Surely, there must be a more exact and easier way.
Jan 1st, '09, 20:02
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
I don't really measure with a spoon, just by look or feel. But I agree, trying to use a spoon in the sample tins will make a mess. The easiest way I have found for the sample tins is to use a paper towel underneath and sprinkle out the tea into the lid, using the lid to measure. Then you can use the paper towel to pour the excess back into the tin.
Oh, and Welcome!
Oh, and Welcome!
Jan 2nd, '09, 16:31
Posts: 544
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: TX <- NY
Jan 2nd, '09, 17:00
Posts: 544
Joined: Feb 27th, '08, 15:06
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: TX <- NY
