For my next order...?

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Jan 28th 09 3:55 pm
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 8th 09 3:06 pm

For my next order...?

by teahandle » Jan 28th 09 3:55 pm

I just got my tax rebate - it's a lot less than I had hoped, but it's more money for tea! Since I've been bitten by the tea bug, I've only ordered from our host Adagio. I have a third order coming today and while there are still 10 or 12 varieties I'd like to try, I want to branch out.

I'm definitely looking for some cheaper, but high-quality, oolong; I've really been enjoying Adagio's Oolong #8 and Vanilla Oolong. If at all possible, I wanted to try some blacks too, like Keemun and Assam, though I know it's tough to find places that specialize in both. I love Yunnan blacks, as well.

Any suggestions? If I could get things for under $8 or 9 an ounce, I'd be a happy camper.

User avatar
Jan 28th 09 4:01 pm
Posts: 553
Joined: Oct 14th 08 7:54 am
Location: Cinnamon King of San Diego, Ca

by Vulture » Jan 28th 09 4:01 pm

I found red blossom teas have a nice inexpensive selection of Oolongs to try from. That is where I started to try different oolongs. Others will have other sources as well but some of the good oolongs cost a few pennies. But oolongs last for a crazy amount of steepings before loosing flavor.