Review of Darjeeling #2

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Feb 5th 09 2:08 am
Posts: 24
Joined: Jan 31st 09 5:40 am

Review of Darjeeling #2

by stevewiess88 » Feb 5th 09 2:08 am

Hey guys,

I have just received the adagio package yesterday along with a nice personaliTEA teapot. Among the samples is a Darjeeling #2. It's the third loose leaf black tea I tried after Twinings English Breakfast and Earl Grey. I have brewed it by following the instruction and it came out with a nice orange clear color.

At first, I thought I brewed it too short because I was used to breakfast teabags, but I was sipped it, it definitely tasted like a black tea, but in a very soft and pleasant way. It has little bit of floral hint and the taste is so subtle that I wouldn't put any sweetener or milk in it. Surprisingly, it had absolutely no bitter taste in it. I'd say the strength of taste is very similar to well brewed sencha.

I kinda of regret not ordering a larger tin, because it is out of stock right now. It is on the more expensive side in the catalog, but I'm so eager to buy another one. I'm gonna try an adagio oolong next. :)

User avatar
Feb 5th 09 8:57 am
Posts: 522
Joined: Apr 10th 08 8:39 pm
Location: Sweden

by Beidao » Feb 5th 09 8:57 am

Congratulations! :D
The noise comes from the other side of the mirror

User avatar
Feb 5th 09 10:02 am
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th 08 11:00 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Feb 5th 09 10:02 am

Which Oolong?
:)

Feb 5th 09 2:58 pm
Posts: 24
Joined: Jan 31st 09 5:40 am

by stevewiess88 » Feb 5th 09 2:58 pm

Victoria wrote:Which Oolong?
:)
The next one is Oolong #40 or Formosa Fancy Tea. I can't wait to try it.

Feb 6th 09 6:49 pm
Posts: 508
Joined: Apr 1st 08 4:43 pm
Location: united states IL.

by silvermage2000 » Feb 6th 09 6:49 pm

Cool for you and the color seems abit different because I a used to black teas well being brown. A subtle black tea hm perhaps I should check this one out sometime.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

Feb 6th 09 9:14 pm
Posts: 86
Joined: Dec 27th 08 12:18 am
Location: Central NY USA

by shardy53 » Feb 6th 09 9:14 pm

I found that Darjeeling #2 did not have the natural sweetness of Adagio #1 and #22. I prefer them to the #2. I just checked the site and #2 is available in any size, but #1 is only available in the sample size.

Steve