Feb 9th, '09, 06:30

New to tea, what else do I like?

by Deleted User #30675 » Feb 9th, '09, 06:30

Hey,

I'm still new to tea, been trying out various kinds to find which ones are for me. So far I've tried various blacks, whites, greens, herbals and Pu-erh.

I was hopin' someone could offer a little guidance and perhaps suggest which teas I should try next that I might enjoy.

I'll sort em in order, the first ones are the ones I enjoyed the most.

1. Pu-erh.. I've only tried a few loose leaf ones. I really loved this, the best tea I've ever tasted so far.. I've ordered several cakes and am looking forward to tasting em. :D

2. Blacks.. I enjoyed a few Kenyan ones. Didn't much care for the chinese ones I tried though.

3. Some of the whites were ok, like Pai mu tan & Peony white needle.

4. Chinese greens were not bad.... I almost kinda liked a few I tried.. Like Mao Jian, green pekoe, and a couple quality gunpowders.

5.Herbals.. I only liked Rooibos and Rosehip from those I've tried.

6. Japanese greens were.. well.. tasted like broccoli juice.. ugh.

I've been thinking about trying darjeelings and oolongs, but I don't know..

What do you think?

User avatar
Feb 9th, '09, 10:04
Vendor Member
Posts: 2084
Joined: Sep 24th, '08, 18:38
Location: Boston, MA

by gingkoseto » Feb 9th, '09, 10:04

How about oolong? :D
From your above preferences, I guess you prefer heavier taste. So you may want to try some darker roast oolong. Oolong is not everybody's favorite, but I guess everybody loves oolong :D

Some Japanese green tea tastes like vegetable juice to me too, but there are definitely many different flavors in other Japanese teas. And I've noticed some people who think Chinese green has too light flavor, may enjoy the rich, nutty flavor of some Japanese green. I know near nothing about Japanese green and usually just randomly drink it. But I am sure those Japanese green lovers can give you a list of tea away from the vegetable juice taste on the spectrum.
By sitting in peace and doing nothing,
You make your one day worth two days.

+ Post Reply