Spring has started in China!

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Feb 19th 09 3:20 pm
Posts: 47
Joined: Dec 8th 08 11:52 pm
Location: Kopavogur, Iceland

Spring has started in China!

by Saifuddin » Feb 19th 09 3:20 pm

Teaspring has just put a Spring 2009 harvest tea for sale on their site. Just wanted to let you know. I'm looking forward to hearing about this year's harvest. Does anyone have any information on it?

link: http://www.teaspring.com/Xu-Fu-Long-Ya.asp

Feb 19th 09 4:57 pm
Posts: 508
Joined: Apr 1st 08 4:43 pm
Location: united states IL.

by silvermage2000 » Feb 19th 09 4:57 pm

That Is pretty cool.
My name i's ashley I am a female and 21 years old.

User avatar
Feb 19th 09 5:49 pm
Posts: 32
Joined: Jun 6th 08 9:58 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

by Susana » Feb 19th 09 5:49 pm

WAY too soon for me.:shock:

I like to have my tea properly processed before I try it.

Last year I tried Silver Needle VERY early on and I will be honest, I liked it later in the year once it had been given its time to fully cure.

I know we're all about having the very first teas but let's let them properly cure.

(I'm not trying to say anything bad about this post, thank you for sharing. I just wanted to vocalize this)

Thanks!

User avatar
Feb 19th 09 6:18 pm
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 21st 06 4:33 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

by Salsero » Feb 19th 09 6:18 pm

Susana wrote: let's let them properly cure.
Indeed, thanks for your suggestion. I have never thought in terms of waiting to consume greens. You refer to Silver Needle the white tea, right?

Last year I got some greens very early and was a little disappointed in them. I blamed it on the record early harvest, thinking that the plants had not had sufficient dormant time, but perhaps it was just that I drank them too early.

The TeaSpring website points out the Xu Fu Long Ya is plucked in February every year since it was first introduced in 1997, so it is probably not a good indicator of the beginning of the general harvest of green tea in China, which usually occurs just before the Qingming Festival, April 4 this year.

User avatar
Feb 19th 09 8:49 pm
Posts: 1633
Joined: Feb 15th 08 3:15 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Been thanked: 1 time

by shogun89 » Feb 19th 09 8:49 pm

I'm glad to see the season is starting. :D

Feb 19th 09 9:29 pm
Posts: 47
Joined: Dec 8th 08 11:52 pm
Location: Kopavogur, Iceland

by Saifuddin » Feb 19th 09 9:29 pm

Salsero wrote:The TeaSpring website points out the Xu Fu Long Ya is plucked in February every year since it was first introduced in 1997, so it is probably not a good indicator of the beginning of the general harvest of green tea in China, which usually occurs just before the Qingming Festival, April 4 this year.
Ahh I see. I thought this was unusually early in the year. Thanks for the information.

User avatar
Feb 19th 09 9:48 pm
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

by Chip » Feb 19th 09 9:48 pm

As interested and excited as I am about Spring harvest, these little blips in the screen really make me yawn, seems like hype.

This time next month I will be listening more intently.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!