How many Hagi are enough?

1
27
17%
2-3
23
15%
4-5
13
8%
6-7
5
3%
8-10
3
2%
11 or more
5
3%
Infinity ... always room for one more
79
51%
 
Total votes: 155

Feb 12th 17 12:52 pm
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 13th 13 8:18 am

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by Pig Hog » Feb 12th 17 12:52 pm


User avatar
Feb 12th 17 8:20 pm
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by debunix » Feb 12th 17 8:20 pm

sugataishi wrote:My sansai teabowl by Seigan Yamane is comming to me. I wonder if sansai develops glaze cracks as white thick hagi glaze used to do.
My pair of cups from the Tempest Hagi SO from TC very quickly stained in a large web like this

ImageCrackles by D B, on Flickr

Feb 12th 17 8:24 pm
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 27th 15 6:23 am

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 12th 17 8:24 pm

debunix wrote:
sugataishi wrote:My sansai teabowl by Seigan Yamane is comming to me. I wonder if sansai develops glaze cracks as white thick hagi glaze used to do.
My pair of cups from the Tempest Hagi SO from TC very quickly stained in a large web like this

ImageCrackles by D B, on Flickr
Have you more pics of yours?

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

User avatar
Feb 12th 17 9:35 pm
Posts: 99
Joined: Mar 28th 14 4:18 am

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by pizzapotamus » Feb 12th 17 9:35 pm

sugataishi wrote:
pizzapotamus wrote:An inexpensive Seigan teabowl, about 10oz so it works either as a smaller matcha bowl or bulk consumption of other tea.
Nice. Does it have cracks on glaze?
No cracks atm, although it's not really had a ton of use. I've used it genmaicha a couple of times but it mostly has matcha duty which isn't one of my regular teas. Probably made about 100g of matcha in it.

Feb 12th 17 11:57 pm
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 13th 13 8:18 am

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by Pig Hog » Feb 12th 17 11:57 pm

I can take more but you'll have to wait until tomorrow evening!

Feb 13th 17 4:45 am
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 27th 15 6:23 am

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 13th 17 4:45 am

Pig Hog wrote:I can take more but you'll have to wait until tomorrow evening!
I have time


User avatar
Feb 14th 17 12:46 am
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by debunix » Feb 14th 17 12:46 am

sugataishi wrote:[Have you more pics of yours?
ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

What I don't have are a lot of photos of the cups with their mature staining.

Feb 15th 17 5:29 am
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 27th 15 6:23 am

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 15th 17 5:29 am

This is Wow, i have never seen a chawan with a sew.

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Feb 15th 17 5:32 am
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 27th 15 6:23 am

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 15th 17 5:32 am

debunix wrote:
sugataishi wrote:[Have you more pics of yours?
ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

ImageBig Brother & the Twins by D B, on Flickr

What I don't have are a lot of photos of the cups with their mature staining.
The middle one is awsome, the other two too. Who made it?

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka

User avatar
Feb 15th 17 5:51 am
Posts: 5916
Joined: Jan 10th 10 9:04 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by debunix » Feb 15th 17 5:51 am

They're by Yamane Seigan, via TeaChat special offers.

User avatar
Feb 15th 17 9:39 pm
Posts: 406
Joined: Feb 24th 09 5:01 pm
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by rdl » Feb 15th 17 9:39 pm

Enjoying two new pieces
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Feb 15th 17 11:40 pm
Posts: 265
Joined: Jun 13th 13 8:18 am

The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by Pig Hog » Feb 15th 17 11:40 pm

sugataishi wrote: This is Wow, i have never seen a chawan with a sew.

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Not actually sure what you mean by this, if I'm honest, but it sounds like a good thing so yeah, cool, thanks!

Feb 16th 17 4:01 am
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 27th 15 6:23 am

Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 16th 17 4:01 am

Pig Hog wrote:
sugataishi wrote: This is Wow, i have never seen a chawan with a sew.

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Not actually sure what you mean by this, if I'm honest, but it sounds like a good thing so yeah, cool, thanks!
It was a good thing. Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 16th 17 4:27 am
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 27th 15 6:23 am

Re: RE: Re: The unofficial/official HAGI topic!

by sugataishi » Feb 16th 17 4:27 am

rdl wrote:Enjoying two new pieces
So how many pieces of hagi you have already?

Wysłane z mojego D5103 przy użyciu Tapatalka