2009's starting to trickle in?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

Mar 10th, '09, 18:52

2009's starting to trickle in?

by iannon » Mar 10th, '09, 18:52

Ive seen teaspring starting to offer some 2009's already..this is my first season on here learning and while i drank good greens as a youth overseas i havent really been doing so up until recently again. (looking for quality tea's that is outside of the local shop of which have been questionable or nondescipt grades) so I am kinda excited
Bad side is I am REALLY about to run out of tea...trying to figure out if i should try and wait or not!..Long Jing's and Sencha's...

Mar 10th, '09, 19:05

by Pentox » Mar 10th, '09, 19:05

Well senchas won't really be available for a bit still. Most likely end of April at the earliest. I would say if you're really running out, pick up some for now. But that all depends on how much you drink / day.

Mar 10th, '09, 22:12

by joelbct » Mar 10th, '09, 22:12

Pentox wrote:Well senchas won't really be available for a bit still. Most likely end of April at the earliest. I would say if you're really running out, pick up some for now. But that all depends on how much you drink / day.
yes, the earliest shincha's were not the best, last year, from what I sampled. can't rush a good thing ;)

btw mmmm shincha.... i hope i can afford it this year ;/

Mar 11th, '09, 03:56

by Oni » Mar 11th, '09, 03:56

We should make a list of the vendors that sell shincha, so we can calculate the costs, and we should try all the shincha on the online market.

Mar 11th, '09, 06:27

by olivierco » Mar 11th, '09, 06:27

Oni wrote:We should make a list of the vendors that sell shincha, so we can calculate the costs, and we should try all the shincha on the online market.
We had such a topic last year http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=4942 and we will sure have one this year.

Mar 11th, '09, 11:20

by iannon » Mar 11th, '09, 11:20

Pentox wrote:Well senchas won't really be available for a bit still. Most likely end of April at the earliest. I would say if you're really running out, pick up some for now. But that all depends on how much you drink / day.
drinking a lot a day lol.. no really probably 2 to 4 cups at work then another 2 to 4 at night when i get home..alternating between my long jing, senchas, and some sample oolongs i got from FA.
i might try and hold out for the spring long jings since i hear they are not too far off and just pick up some senchas to get me through to harvest for those

Mar 11th, '09, 19:51

by brad4419 » Mar 11th, '09, 19:51

This is my first spring buying greens as well and I am so excited about it.
Im waiting for teasprings cheaper long jing and there ding gu da Fang. I e-mailed them about the gu da fang and they said probably mid-April in case anyone else waiting for this one as well.

Yunnan sourcing and dragon tea house on ebay also have some 2009 greens available.

Mar 11th, '09, 22:48

by joelbct » Mar 11th, '09, 22:48

olivierco wrote:
Oni wrote:We should make a list of the vendors that sell shincha, so we can calculate the costs, and we should try all the shincha on the online market.
We had such a topic last year http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?t=4942 and we will sure have one this year.
Indeed, it was a legendary international Shincha tasting and review, probably without parallel anywhere else on earth!!! We covered a lot of ground and a lot of Shincha got Shared and Shipped and Sipped amongst ourselves... good times...

Mar 11th, '09, 23:49
Scrolling: fixed

A wee birdie

by Intuit » Mar 11th, '09, 23:49

..told me that the new early blooming LongJings weren't so hot last year. They were developed to as a 'pretty penny' jumpstart on the market, but they aren't worth their price.

If the Japanese are as good at the science of tea storage as I've heard whispered here and there, then patience, and green sencha bandaids, may suffice.

The having is sometimes not nearly as good as the wanting.

Mar 12th, '09, 13:46

Re: A wee birdie

by iannon » Mar 12th, '09, 13:46

Intuit wrote:..told me that the new early blooming LongJings weren't so hot last year. They were developed to as a 'pretty penny' jumpstart on the market, but they aren't worth their price.

If the Japanese are as good at the science of tea storage as I've heard whispered here and there, then patience, and green sencha bandaids, may suffice.

The having is sometimes not nearly as good as the wanting.
I believe I will be using the sencha bandaid! and just holding out a couple three weeks on the dragonwells/long jing's as ive heard those shoould be near the end of march for some quality stuff?

Mar 12th, '09, 17:20

by JustinW » Mar 12th, '09, 17:20

brad4419 wrote:This is my first spring buying greens as well and I am so excited about it.
Im waiting for teasprings cheaper long jing and there ding gu da Fang. I e-mailed them about the gu da fang and they said probably mid-April in case anyone else waiting for this one as well.

Yunnan sourcing and dragon tea house on ebay also have some 2009 greens available.
Same here, I can't wait!!! I have a couple weeks of leaf left, and I'm not sure if I want to wait till shincha before I order more, and just drunk other teas till then. I doubt I could last a month without sencha anyway.

Mar 13th, '09, 11:56

by iannon » Mar 13th, '09, 11:56

ok..so i bandaid'ed it..well sorta.. ordered a KABUSECHA and a GYOKURO HOSHINO from shizuokatea.com
i had emailed a few questions to them in the wee hours of last night and they were super responsive..like almost immediate replies back and forth which i did really appreciate..so..we will see how those are. anyone ever ordered from there? over 30 bucks was free shipping too so i took the chance even though i havent heard much about them on here.

Mar 13th, '09, 12:33
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 12:33

olivierco wrote:
There was also the Chinese green counterpart of the shincha topic. Interestingly, that failed to ignite much interest and it faded into oblivion.

Since we have dual topics going already, I would suggest we call this one the Chinese topic and the other one which is dedicated to Japanese greens, so designated.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 13th, '09, 12:35
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 12:35

iannon wrote:ok..so i bandaid'ed it..well sorta.. ordered a KABUSECHA and a GYOKURO HOSHINO from shizuokatea.com
i had emailed a few questions to them in the wee hours of last night and they were super responsive..like almost immediate replies back and forth which i did really appreciate..so..we will see how those are. anyone ever ordered from there? over 30 bucks was free shipping too so i took the chance even though i havent heard much about them on here.
I have never ordered from this vendor. I will be curious to hear about their tea. It seemed when I was last checking them out that they were a more mid and low price range vendor, not really competing with the big boys of steamed leaf.
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

Mar 13th, '09, 12:41

by iannon » Mar 13th, '09, 12:41

Chip wrote:
iannon wrote:ok..so i bandaid'ed it..well sorta.. ordered a KABUSECHA and a GYOKURO HOSHINO from shizuokatea.com
I have never ordered from this vendor. I will be curious to hear about their tea. It seemed when I was last checking them out that they were a more mid and low price range vendor, not really competing with the big boys of steamed leaf.
Ill let you know what I think of them. I gave it a shot since it was my "bandaid" order and the prices/shipping wasnt too bad and becuase of their quick responses to me.. so..we'll see i guess

+ Post Reply