User avatar
Jan 19th, '06, 14:19
Posts: 2
Joined: Dec 16th, '05, 21:27

Best Infuser?

by Valerie » Jan 19th, '06, 14:19

Ok, I'm really the only one in the house who drinks tea. My friend Kate comes over and we drink GALLONS of Adagio tea...I guess if tea is ever discovered to be unhealthy....we are the perfect lab rats! :lol: Well we have been using paper infuer bags...which is nice when I have lots o people over..but I'm looking for a better way to infuse tea. Normally it'll be just a cup at a time, but sometimes 2... I've heard the mesh tea balls let the roobios tea leak threw...the Inginuity is a little pricy, but I'll spend the $ if it is truely worth it. I've seen the metal balls with the pin holes....I just don't know!

So what should I do?!

Jan 19th, '06, 15:48

by Deleted User #115 » Jan 19th, '06, 15:48

Don't go with a metal ball. They're not big enough to let the leaves unfurl and they will let the roobios through for sure.

Some mesh baskets are nice. I have the personalitea, at only $9 it seemed pretty reasonable. It's a cute little white pot with a mesh basket inside. The pot holds 2 cups, but I take the mesh basket out of it and use it in a mug to make 1 cup size brews too.

For roobios, I'd say your best bet is to stick with the paper filters. I love loose leaf tea, but roobios floats and is so thin, it can just get plain messy to make.