Beautiful, but then again it should be for a $1,680 teacup!!
http://www.hiromitsu-japan.com/items/57 ... store.html
May 23rd, '09, 02:31
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
May 23rd, '09, 11:16
Posts: 1777
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 23:41
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Stockport, England
Cracks in cup
So you guys seem to like crazing. I do too. It is hard as heck to sell something around here with crazing, but I think it adds so much to the feeling and soul of the piece.
I am a little disoriented among folks who love ceramics so. Wish I could send all my perspective sales to you for a little talk first!
This is a lovely piece and someday perhaps I will be able to master glazes something like this. Another 50 years or so probably...
I am a little disoriented among folks who love ceramics so. Wish I could send all my perspective sales to you for a little talk first!
This is a lovely piece and someday perhaps I will be able to master glazes something like this. Another 50 years or so probably...
Matt Brown
Moss Beach Ceramics
www.mossbeachceramics.etsy.com
www.mossbeachceramics.com
Available at Teance tea room, Berkeley, California
Moss Beach Ceramics
www.mossbeachceramics.etsy.com
www.mossbeachceramics.com
Available at Teance tea room, Berkeley, California
As far as I can see here, there is no crazing (yet!) on this piece.
This is a more modern celadon glaze, and it looks like there are stacks of snowflakes in layers under the glaze. But all these lines are under the surface. This glaze is all over the place in Longquan. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it's called.
This is a more modern celadon glaze, and it looks like there are stacks of snowflakes in layers under the glaze. But all these lines are under the surface. This glaze is all over the place in Longquan. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it's called.
茶也醉人何必酒?