May 23rd, '09, 08:01

Tetsubin kettle.

by mornemir » May 23rd, '09, 08:01

Hi to all tealovers. Im new here, so i dont know if there were such topics created before.
I want to ask what the best place to buy Tetsubin kettle online is. I want a real tetsubin to boil water for my tea in it, not enameled one.
Thanks everyone!

May 23rd, '09, 09:39
Scrolling: scrolling

by brandon » May 23rd, '09, 09:39

May 23rd, '09, 10:17

by Oni » May 23rd, '09, 10:17

http://www.kyoto-teramachi.or.jp/horaido/greentea.htm , this is Horaido teashop, they sell lots of tetsubin and furo, kama, and their prices are more than competitive, I dare say it is the best, and don`t be afraid to ask them for information about their products.

May 24th, '09, 22:36

by xuancheng » May 24th, '09, 22:36

Since the subject of Tetsubins has been raised, I would like to ask opinions on what sorts of tea tetsubin water is good for.

When I was reading the hojotea.com website, they say water boiled in a tetsubin is not appropriate for Oolong tea. I have never used one, so I don't know myself. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

One more question, has anyone seen any sites with Oni-Arare patterned tetsubins? I found one on hojotea.com and one on the sit Oni (the teachat member) posted above. I would love to see more!
茶也醉人何必酒?

May 25th, '09, 01:47

by yee » May 25th, '09, 01:47

xuancheng wrote:Since the subject of Tetsubins has been raised, I would like to ask opinions on what sorts of tea tetsubin water is good for.

When I was reading the hojotea.com website, they say water boiled in a tetsubin is not appropriate for Oolong tea. I have never used one, so I don't know myself. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

One more question, has anyone seen any sites with Oni-Arare patterned tetsubins? I found one on hojotea.com and one on the sit Oni (the teachat member) posted above. I would love to see more!
Stephan claims that water boiled in tetsubin is more suitable for "darker" teas like pu-erh, red teas, aged or stronger fermented oolongs.
Wait a second! Here it is: http://teamasters.blogspot.com/2007/12/ ... rison.html

May 25th, '09, 03:37

by Oni » May 25th, '09, 03:37

And if you read the-leaf.org issue 5 the article about the tetsubin, they say the same thing, and read hojotea`s description it is also helpful, he says the same, that it can be used with aged and cooked puerh, no oolong, and it is great for green teas (both chinese and japanese), white teas, yellow teas, the tea ceremony used tetsubin for a long time, for loose leaf and for matcha too .

+ Post Reply