Notice: Teabloggers re:recaptcha

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Notice: Teabloggers re:recaptcha

Postby shah82 » Jun 11th, '12, 18:44

I no longer can easily access Google services, because I have a persistent and evasive trojan somewheres that wants to spam Google for rank reasons, presumably. That means I can't see the words in the recaptcha in any Blogspot comment, and therefore, cannot comment on your blog. I'm pretty sure that I will have to do a complete rebuild with new parts and more software/hardware for a firewall (so as to not get reinfected when the ip shows up again on the net) and I can't afford to do that now. I think other people who might be interested in commenting might have similar issues, beyond the difficulty of reading the captcha itself. So, if you are a blogger that's not getting a ton of spam, might be a good idea to turn off that feature?
shah82

Re: Notice: Teabloggers re:recaptcha

Postby MarshalN » Jun 12th, '12, 03:54

There's a reason I don't use those things. Wordpress' spam filter is remarkably good at doing its job, and the few that it misses I can handle manually. Although I think Blogspot has more spam
MarshalN

Postby Math » Jun 15th, '12, 17:00

Shah when will you start blogging? :) I enjoy reading your posts and believe your musings would add value to the tea blogosphere.
Math

Postby shah82 » Jun 15th, '12, 17:39

I have nasty case of ADD(I). I have trouble writing consistently coherent stuff, and it would take me a long time to proof well, etc, etc...So I rather comment.
shah82

Postby bagua7 » Jun 15th, '12, 18:13

shah82 wrote:I no longer can easily access Google services, because I have a persistent and evasive trojan somewheres that wants to spam Google for rank reasons, presumably.

Try this:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13616

shah82 wrote:I'm pretty sure that I will have to do a complete rebuild with new parts and more software/hardware for a firewall (so as to not get reinfected when the ip shows up again on the net) and I can't afford to do that now

No need for that as long as you follow those steps and get the help of IT security experts (in case the initial cleanup fails).

I suppose you have a modem router with SPI firewall running at the background, if not this is the first security measure to be taken.

Good luck.
bagua7

Postby Lerxst2112 » Jun 16th, '12, 19:08

shah82 wrote:I have nasty case of ADD(I). I have trouble writing consistently coherent stuff, and it would take me a long time to proof well, etc, etc...So I rather comment.

Given that you have had some very elaborate posts on here at times, one would think that the same energy could be used for blogs, too. Maybe? :?:
Lerxst2112

Postby shah82 » Jun 16th, '12, 19:42

Certainly, but it's a pride thing. A comment is just a comment, no matter how rambling and incoherent and illogical it can be. If I make it all official and stuff, it's all set in stone: I'm an idiot!

I have a lot of respect for people who do go into the regular blogging gig. It takes quite a bit of energy and fascination to do that for very long, and write well, consistently.
shah82

Instant Messenger

Permissions