Wednesday TeaDay 1/12/10 Most often and most fave?

BYOT! Enter TeaChat here, you never know what you may find!

Yesterday it occurred to me after reading a few posts throughout the forum, is your fave tea for the new year also the tea you have most often? Please share!

YES, definitely
8%
Yes, I believe so
17%
Maybe
21%
No, not likely
42%
Definitely not
13%

Total votes: 24

Jan 12th, '11, 13:37
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: Wednesday TeaDay 1/12/10 Most often and most fave?

by brandon » Jan 12th, '11, 13:37

Chip wrote:
Proinsias wrote:Nice setup Brandon.
+1, but what is "NEW?"

Thanks for sharing and coloring our TeaDay!
Thanks!
New today: Paulownia wood trays, natural dyed hemp coasters from Japan.
Recent-ish: Small kensui from Japan.

Jan 12th, '11, 15:47

by Marco » Jan 12th, '11, 15:47

Your wastebowl would work as a Chawan brandon :)
Nice setup.

To many favs and to much to try. And it all depends on the mood. So perhaps it is a fav most often. Lets hope so :)

In my cup today was a Liu An Gua Pian from jkteashop. Nice green tea. It is followed by a 2002 Hai Lang Hao Mengku Wild Arbor from YS. Like this one - smells uncommon, tastes nice. Does anybody know it?

Jan 12th, '11, 16:03

by Chip » Jan 12th, '11, 16:03

Marco wrote:Your wastebowl would work as a Chawan brandon :)
Nice setup.

In my cup today was a Liu An Gua Pian from jkteashop.
I actually do use a chawan, just an older one I purchased from ebay that did not impress me upon arrival.

Marco, how is the LAGP???

I said NO, not likely to the topic today, but it is close to definitely not. Variety is more important to me than having the fave all the time. I am weird that way. And this year's fave is a gyokuro possibly, and I will only have that once every 10 days if I even have it on hand.

Began the TD with a tasting with the Mrs. of Hojo's Hebizuka from a member, brewed up in the Shiggy kyusu from Hojo from the same member. Served up in a "SnowDrift" Hagi ... on a snowy day. Next up, Sayama fukamushi from Umaya-Chaya.

Jan 12th, '11, 16:08

by teashel » Jan 12th, '11, 16:08

Not usually, no. If I like something well enough for it to be a favorite, then I usually "hoard" it...save it for more special occasions. ( I do the same thing with favorite book series...)

In my cup right now: Pomegranate green tea from Adagio. Very subtle fruit flavor. Liking this much better than the sample I tried first, the Apple black...that one I couldn't taste any apple at all, just very strong black tea. So I think my "suspicion" that I like green teas over black teas is going to be borne out.

Jan 12th, '11, 18:11

by Marco » Jan 12th, '11, 18:11

Chip wrote:
Nice setup.

I actually do use a chawan, just an older one I purchased from ebay that did not impress me upon arrival.

Marco, how is the LAGP???
I didn't pay to much attention, drinking it - have to do this next time. But it is a fine tea for sure. The greens from jkteashop all are of high quality. I can recommend them.
Speaking of greens - I got a great sample of Long Mei from YS - and this one is a bargain. :)

Just don't use this new 800 bucks Chawan as a waistbowl ;)
teashel wrote:Not usually, no. If I like something well enough for it to be a favorite, then I usually "hoard" it...save it for more special occasions. ( I do the same thing with favorite book series...)
My advice: do not hoard great things - enjoy them! Would be a pain if a great tea gets stale.

Jan 12th, '11, 19:03

by stubshaft » Jan 12th, '11, 19:03

I like to vary the types of tea that I drink so that my taste buds don't get too jaded. I usually narrow it down to either a Black or Pu Erh though.

Jan 12th, '11, 19:51

by Peacock » Jan 12th, '11, 19:51

Nice setup brandon!

Me, I pretty much go along with everyone else. I don't have a favorite tea, but I do have a favorite type. Sencha... yum :)

Jan 12th, '11, 22:30

by entropyembrace » Jan 12th, '11, 22:30

Not really...I have a few teas that I really like and drink often...but when I order new tea I usually pick different teas rather than the same ones again so I dont really have any tea that I drink constantly for long periods of time.

Jan 12th, '11, 23:22

by Chip » Jan 12th, '11, 23:22

Great TeaDay, again ... finished with sencha #3, Yama No Ocho organic ala Umami-Chaya. Brewed and served in Noutomi Susumi Hagi.

SLT coming up.

Jan 12th, '11, 23:31

by Skippyandjif » Jan 12th, '11, 23:31

Definitely not-- gyokuro and matcha are special-occasion teas for me because I don't have a lot of either of them.

Silver needle this morning; hibiscus tisanes all through the afternoon and evening.

Jan 12th, '11, 23:36

by debunix » Jan 12th, '11, 23:36

No single favorite tea, and no one tea I drink most often, so "no, not likely."

Today drank a favorite puerh, the 2007 Norbu white bud sheng, and then moved on to some Jade Pole yunnan green from Yunnan Sourcing, both lovely and quite inexpensive. It is wonderful how well they stack up against some far pricier teas.

Jan 13th, '11, 22:31

by Amaikokonut » Jan 13th, '11, 22:31

Like many others, my favorite teas tend to be saved for special occasions rather than an every-day sort of thing.

Honestly, how often I drink a tea tends to depend a lot more on which teas I have an excess amount of or are more apt to lose their freshness than how much I like it (though, there are certainly times when how much I like a tea dictates whether or not I have an excess amount of it).

Jan 14th, '11, 03:11

by entropyembrace » Jan 14th, '11, 03:11

Chip wrote:
Nice setup.

That could be a good excuse to buy another Hagi piece :wink: