Aug 31st, '15, 15:10

Infrared hot plate

by Mterpstra » Aug 31st, '15, 15:10

Hey people

Does any of you have experience with this hotplate
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-new ... 45183.html

It is a little pricey but it looks awesome. It looks well build as well. They 2 more version, but I like this one best

Another relate question: Is it possible to build a nice wooden box around the Teachatter favorite the Duxtop infrared hotplat? In other words, how hot does the outside get?

Cheers!
Mattias

Aug 31st, '15, 20:51

Re: Infrared hot plate

by kyarazen » Aug 31st, '15, 20:51

Mterpstra wrote:Hey people

It is a little pricey but it looks awesome. It looks well build as well. They 2 more version, but I like this one best

Another relate question: Is it possible to build a nice wooden box around the Teachatter favorite the Duxtop infrared hotplat? In other words, how hot does the outside get?

Cheers!
Mattias

you haz to check if there is temperature control.. if not the kettle will be ferociously boiling all the way without a keep warm function.... :D

Aug 31st, '15, 23:21

by BW85 » Aug 31st, '15, 23:21

kyarazen wrote:
Mterpstra wrote:Hey people

Cheers!
Mattias

you haz to check if there is temperature control.. if not the kettle will be ferociously boiling all the way without a keep warm function.... :D
This is a very good point! Also, if using a clay kettle it's safer to heat it up slowly at first; I've cracked a clay kettle by filling it with room temp water and placing it on a very hot burner. Temp control helps a lot

Sep 1st, '15, 05:01

by Tead Off » Sep 1st, '15, 05:01

This is the first aesthetically pleasing infrared heater I've seen. Are there any heaters of this type that have variable temp control?

BW85, did you crack your clay kettle with an infrared burner or another type?

Sep 1st, '15, 06:05

by Mterpstra » Sep 1st, '15, 06:05

@Kyarazen and BW85
I was thinking the same thing last night. I just checked and it indeed has no temp control. Only on and off. Too bad... I might email them to check if they are available.

@ Tead off: I've seen people build very nice cases for infra heaters. But unfortunately I'm not very skilled in that stuff. In the last global tea hut magazine there is a really nice infrared heater in a clay frame. They say they buy them in Taiwan. I'll check with them where they get them and if the heat is adjustable

Sep 1st, '15, 09:13

by kyarazen » Sep 1st, '15, 09:13

Mterpstra wrote:@Kyarazen and BW85
I was thinking the same thing last night. I just checked and it indeed has no temp control. Only on and off. Too bad... I might email them to check if they are available.

@ Tead off: I've seen people build very nice cases for infra heaters. But unfortunately I'm not very skilled in that stuff. In the last global tea hut magazine there is a really nice infrared heater in a clay frame. They say they buy them in Taiwan. I'll check with them where they get them and if the heat is adjustable
if not for the voltage difference, there are gazillions in china, elegant, rustic, you name it.

taiwan is a better source as they would have it built for a voltage similar to the states :)~

Sep 1st, '15, 11:21

by BW85 » Sep 1st, '15, 11:21

Tead Off wrote:This is the first aesthetically pleasing infrared heater I've seen. Are there any heaters of this type that have variable temp control?

BW85, did you crack your clay kettle with an infrared burner or another type?
Infrared

Sep 1st, '15, 13:27

by Tead Off » Sep 1st, '15, 13:27

kyarazen wrote:

if not for the voltage difference, there are gazillions in china, elegant, rustic, you name it.

taiwan is a better source as they would have it built for a voltage similar to the states :)~
Why would I want one with voltage similar to the States?

Sep 1st, '15, 13:36

by kyarazen » Sep 1st, '15, 13:36

Tead Off wrote:
kyarazen wrote:

not you... ! you probably wont require one

Mterpstra...!

Sep 1st, '15, 13:40

by Tead Off » Sep 1st, '15, 13:40

kyarazen wrote:
Tead Off wrote:
kyarazen wrote:

Mterpstra...!
He is in the Netherlands. Same voltage as us.

Sep 1st, '15, 13:42

by kyarazen » Sep 1st, '15, 13:42

Tead Off wrote:

Mterpstra...!
He is in the Netherlands. Same voltage as us.[/quote]

oo. didnt see his location. then anything goes.. if he unleashes the "taobao experience". lots of fancy stuffs

Sep 1st, '15, 13:57

by Mterpstra » Sep 1st, '15, 13:57

I tried my luck on Toaboa for a bit. But it's not the easiest website for me to navigate. What keywords will help me find stuff on there? I've been using combos of the words: brazier, tea, infrared, hotplate, cooker, heater.

i've mostly been finding shoes and weird electrical equipment :?

Sep 2nd, '15, 01:16

by kyarazen » Sep 2nd, '15, 01:16

Mterpstra wrote:I tried my luck on Toaboa for a bit. But it's not the easiest website for me to navigate. What keywords will help me find stuff on there? I've been using combos of the words: brazier, tea, infrared, hotplate, cooker, heater.

i've mostly been finding shoes and weird electrical equipment :?

try keywords :

电陶 茶炉
电陶炉
光波炉 茶炉
光波炉

let me know if you need any help

Sep 2nd, '15, 05:38

by Mterpstra » Sep 2nd, '15, 05:38

Nice, that is looking better! Thank you so much, Kyarazen!

Let the search begin :wink:

Sep 4th, '15, 10:48

by Mterpstra » Sep 4th, '15, 10:48

I found something.

http://world.tmall.com/item/40375752015 ... 8855254645

any of you experience with the seller?

+ Post Reply