Fangcun Guangzhou Tea Market

Culture, language, tangibles, intangibles from countries known for tea. China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, India, etc...

Nov 26th, '15, 07:36
Vendor Member

Fangcun Guangzhou Tea Market

by oolongtimenosee » Nov 26th, '15, 07:36

Planning on making a trip to Guangzhou in a few weeks and to see the famous Fangcun Tea market. I would like to pick up some yixing pots and maybe some tea as well (roasted tie guanyin, other wulong, red tea, maybe some green tea). I'm familiar with Guangzhou and can speak Chinese, but have never been to the market. I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for where to stop to find some well made (but not extremely expensive) yixing pots as well as maybe some real vintage teaware? Recommendations for teas and tea sellers would also be appreciated. Also, if you know of any places in Guangzhou outside of Fangcun that you also think would be worth checking out, it would be great to hear from you. Cheers!

Nov 26th, '15, 10:13
Vendor Member

Re: Fangcun Guangzhou Tea Market

by jayinhk » Nov 26th, '15, 10:13

No suggestions, but if you want some company, I might be up for it. I've never been!

Nov 26th, '15, 22:18
Vendor Member

by oolongtimenosee » Nov 26th, '15, 22:18

Sure! Not sure yet about the time, but maybe in 2 weeks.

Nov 27th, '15, 02:54
Vendor Member

by jayinhk » Nov 27th, '15, 02:54

That should work. Where in the world are you? I'm a few hours away in Hong Kong. I went up to a tea fair in GZ three or four months ago--quite the minefield. Definitely lots of junk to wade through. I expect Fangcun to be much the same, but two heads are always better than one!

Dec 1st, '15, 01:05
Vendor Member

by oolongtimenosee » Dec 1st, '15, 01:05

Hi Jay, sorry for the delay getting back to you. I sent you a PM. Cheers!

+ Post Reply