Apr 22nd, '20, 00:00

April 22nd Discussion

by Bridgette » Apr 22nd, '20, 00:00

Hello communiTEA drinkers,

Today we have the quite elusive Earth Keeper tea!

Enjoy a lovely green base sweetened with honey flavor, and blended with accents of apple, orange, and chamomile.

Tell us what you think!
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 22nd, '20, 08:27

Re: April 22nd Discussion

by YresimDemus » Apr 22nd, '20, 08:27

Bridgette wrote: This tea only makes an appearance on our Adagio site on Earth Day.
That's great! Just one problem: today is Earth Day. But, when I click on the tea, it says "Sorry! This page is missing!" And, when I search for "earth keeper", it doesn't come up in the search results.

Apr 22nd, '20, 09:18

by Bridgette » Apr 22nd, '20, 09:18

YresimDemus wrote:
Bridgette wrote: This tea only makes an appearance on our Adagio site on Earth Day.
That's great! Just one problem: today is Earth Day. But, when I click on the tea, it says "Sorry! This page is missing!" And, when I search for "earth keeper", it doesn't come up in the search results.
It's a 'secret tea' and doesn't have its own page on Adagio, that's why you can't find it :)

Apr 22nd, '20, 12:21

by WitchsTeaCup » Apr 22nd, '20, 12:21

Bridgette wrote: Hello communiTEA drinkers,

Today we have the quite elusive Earth Keeper tea!

Enjoy a lovely green base sweetened with honey flavor, and blended with accents of apple, orange, and chamomile.

Tell us what you think!
I looooved this tea! Definitely my favorite green from the CommuniTEA, and probably my favorite Adagio green! Now please tell us where we can get it! :)

Apr 22nd, '20, 12:21

by Obsydian » Apr 22nd, '20, 12:21

This tea is absolutely delicious and I'd buy more if it were available. Perhaps, in the future? Pretty please, with honey on top? :lol:

Apr 22nd, '20, 14:06

by YresimDemus » Apr 22nd, '20, 14:06

Bridgette wrote:
YresimDemus wrote:
It's a 'secret tea' and doesn't have its own page on Adagio, that's why you can't find it :)
Let me see if I understand this correctly: you sent out a sample of a tea to your customers, along with a note telling them they could buy it today. Then, when your customers expressed an interest in buying it, you changed the note, and told them that it's now a "secret"? I.e., you intentionally sent your customers a sample of something that you had no actual intention of selling to them? And then you smiled about it?

Is that about right?

So you think it's, what, funny to tease long-time loyal customers?

Apr 22nd, '20, 15:20

by WitchsTeaCup » Apr 22nd, '20, 15:20

YresimDemus wrote:
Bridgette wrote:
YresimDemus wrote:
Let me see if I understand this correctly: you sent out a sample of a tea to your customers, along with a note telling them they could buy it today. Then, when your customers expressed an interest in buying it, you changed the note, and told them that it's now a "secret"? I.e., you intentionally sent your customers a sample of something that you had no actual intention of selling to them? And then you smiled about it?

Is that about right?

According to a reply to me on Instagram, it's apparently a scavenger hunt type offer like the Teaster or St. Patty's tea. However, this one has no clues what-so-ever, and I stupidly started clicking around trying to figure it out and inadvertently wasted loyalty points hoping something would reveal this tea.

Apr 22nd, '20, 16:15

by ranthappy » Apr 22nd, '20, 16:15

This was a great green tea, I can see why people want it. Sweet, floral, enjoyable, I'd be happy to have another cup.

Apr 22nd, '20, 17:54

by YresimDemus » Apr 22nd, '20, 17:54

WitchsTeaCup wrote:
YresimDemus wrote:
Bridgette wrote:
YresimDemus wrote:

Is that about right?

According to a reply to me on Instagram, it's apparently a scavenger hunt type offer like the Teaster or St. Patty's tea. However, this one has no clues what-so-ever, and I stupidly started clicking around trying to figure it out and inadvertently wasted loyalty points hoping something would reveal this tea.
Same. According to the email they sent me, you actually have to place an order. Then, if you did whatever secret action(s), it is automatically added to your order.

Because, of course, what we need to do at a time of national economic uncertainty, is place a bunch of random orders and hope we get it right?

Talk about being tone deaf to the needs of your customers.

I guess we could all start creating orders, and then cancel them if the tea doesn't show up in the order review?

Apr 22nd, '20, 23:53

by WitchsTeaCup » Apr 22nd, '20, 23:53

YresimDemus wrote:
WitchsTeaCup wrote:
YresimDemus wrote:
Bridgette wrote:
YresimDemus wrote:

Is that about right?

Same. According to the email they sent me, you actually have to place an order. Then, if you did whatever secret action(s), it is automatically added to your order.

Because, of course, what we need to do at a time of national economic uncertainty, is place a bunch of random orders and hope we get it right?

Talk about being tone deaf to the needs of your customers.

I guess we could all start creating orders, and then cancel them if the tea doesn't show up in the order review?
This is the first time I’ve been horribly disappointed with an Adagio holiday tea, and it’s just even further disappointing because it’s the only one that is genuinely something I’d drink often, and not just kind of a fun, festive drink. If this were purchasable, I would have definitely made an extra order even though my tea supplies are more than stocked. But most can’t blindly order and hope for the best.

I’m gonna be jealous of whoever wins photo of the day and the few lucky orders that got the right “secret” clicks.

#firstworldproblem sure, but it would have been a nice treat in the crumminess going on. Oh well. Seven minutes until it’s over.

Apr 23rd, '20, 15:01

by Bridgette » Apr 23rd, '20, 15:01

Sorry to disappoint with the availability this tea! You know we at Adagio enjoy little harmless secrets and games now and then.

+ Post Reply