Apr 30th, '20, 00:00

April 30th Discussion

by Bridgette » Apr 30th, '20, 00:00

Hello communiTEA drinkers,

Today we have Ooooh Darjeeling!

Complex muscat grape and apricot pit aroma (also a characteristic of fine Darjeeling black teas, interestingly), tangy dried fruit flavor and deep floral notes that linger like any great oolong should are reminiscent of Oriental Beauty oolong.

What notes are you picking up on?
Adagio Online Community Manager

Apr 30th, '20, 09:16

Re: April 30th Discussion

by mistojen » Apr 30th, '20, 09:16

I'm so new to tea that I'm sure I'm just going to sound like an idiot but when I first tried this tea this morning, it tasted SO grassy to me that I couldn't pick up on anything else at all and I almost marked that I didn't like it on the CommuniTEA.

But then I got distracted with work and by the time I actually got around to having another sip, the tea was kind of cold and it tasted a lot more complex to me. I still couldn't pick out anything specific because I'm not that good, yet, and it still has kind of a grassy aftertaste for me, but is that normal for this type of tea? I confess, I'm used to drinking mostly signature blends based with flavored herbal or black teas, so pretty much anything else is going to be out of my normal wheelhouse of understanding :lol:

Apr 30th, '20, 11:41

by Valeriefarschman » Apr 30th, '20, 11:41

I like all teas, however not a big fan of Darjeeling, but this one is nice and mild. Not bitter at all. I am enjoying it, but I like more oomph in my teas and this one is a bit too delicate for me to drink often. Started my day of gently, however, so am glad to have it now. :)
Imagination is the strongest nation on earth.
:o)
You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop laughing!

Apr 30th, '20, 22:44

by ranthappy » Apr 30th, '20, 22:44

This was really good and smooth. Today was busy, so I couldn't take a photo :P

With phone calls and zoom meetings all day, this was a nice relaxing break. Thank you for the tea!

+ Post Reply