Tazo Teas

Fully oxidized tea leaves for a robust cup.

Jan 23rd, '09, 23:04

by hop_goblin » Jan 23rd, '09, 23:04

Yeah, they are ok in a pinch. However, when I was hip to back teas It was mostly bigalow teas. Constant comment got me through many tough nights in college.

Jan 23rd, '09, 23:30

by JasonC » Jan 23rd, '09, 23:30

linnefaulk wrote: Now that's where we differ. Ours was always strong, very strong. It almost looked like molasses. :lol:
:lol: Well, the general "recipe" that we used was more or less 1/2 gallon of "concentrated tea" ( basically very strong black tea. ) then add sugar ( about 3 cups ), and water(1/2 gallon). Stir, and serve over ice ( or not, I always preferred it warm/hot. :) A 12cup drip coffee maker is well suited to the task of brewing this concoction(that's about the required half a gallon of tea) I'd say use 3 or 4 "family" sized tea bags from Lipton, et al.. I don't know if I'd be down to try any tea that was as thick as molasses, but I guess I'd give it a shot and see how it was. :P

Thanks,
--Jason

Jan 24th, '09, 01:58

by ngower » Jan 24th, '09, 01:58

I work at Starbucks and have frequently had these. I can get a free box for my weekly markout if I choose. Our seasonal one, Joy, is excellent. If you're ever in Starbucks, I recommend getting 1 Awake and 1 Refresh bag with 2 Raw sugars in a Grande cup. I believe it'd be $2 and it makes for a nice tea.

Also, they started the tea lattees which use more full leaf teas (basically a silver needle teabag with small tea leaves) and the Earl Grey isn't bad by itself. It's not perfect, but it's definitely a step in the right direction and proves tea is starting to catch on in this country.

Oh, and Calm is easily my favorite.

+ Post Reply