"Tea Drunkness" w/Pu-Erh, Is it subjective/different?

One of the intentionally aged teas, Pu-Erh has a loyal following.

Mar 7th, '15, 04:05

Re: "Tea Drunkness" w/Pu-Erh, Is it subjective/different?

by AT333 » Mar 7th, '15, 04:05

Once I saw someone hit the wall tea drunk and after eating something sweet the guy became sober again. It is like magic. Could it be the sugar re-align the adenosine receptor back on track again? :lol: :mrgreen:

Mar 7th, '15, 04:25

by kyarazen » Mar 7th, '15, 04:25

AT333 wrote:Once I saw someone hit the wall tea drunk and after eating something sweet the guy became sober again. It is like magic. Could it be the sugar re-align the adenosine receptor back on track again? :lol: :mrgreen:
hmm.. possibly? someone could do some research on this.

adenosine is made up of adenine conjugated to a ribose sugar :D

the sugar he consumed probably also could have helped in ATP generation..:X

Mar 10th, '15, 12:40
Vendor Member

by wymmtea » Mar 10th, '15, 12:40

kyarazen wrote:
AT333 wrote:Once I saw someone hit the wall tea drunk and after eating something sweet the guy became sober again. It is like magic. Could it be the sugar re-align the adenosine receptor back on track again? :lol: :mrgreen:
hmm.. possibly? someone could do some research on this.

adenosine is made up of adenine conjugated to a ribose sugar :D

the sugar he consumed probably also could have helped in ATP generation..:X
I dont know if the effects is that drastic, but it is true that having some chocolates or something sweet during tea sessions does help keeping 'sober' depending on how sensitive you are to caffeine. We always have some snacks on the table when we have tea sessions that are more than an hour

Apr 28th, '15, 23:05

by SlowOx » Apr 28th, '15, 23:05

This is a very interesting topic; one I have been pondering for about 4 years now. The first time I experienced a tea high was with Dragonwell. I had been drinking a few 16oz cups of the gentle beast and my brain felt like knots coming undone, like an animal was licking the folds of my brain clean, like oil was washing dirt from the folds of my brain. It was a magical feeling. Liu an Gua Pian made me feel like I was on mushrooms. One day I knew I wouldn't be able to stand up if I had one more cup. Even at this moment, drinking Dragonwell I can feel the feeling haunting in the back of my head. Silver Needle was a little different. It's more... reviving-- than a high. It's like a spinal spur of energy. Darjeeling was the same way. I only achieved these states through excessive consumption most of the time. At least 2 rounds of gongfu. Pu-erh however, I've only hardly experienced a tea high. It was more so along the lines of the 50's ad for "Tea revives you" kinda of concept. Mental clarity and alarming and fresh electric energy.

Jun 3rd, '15, 12:10

by teagenesis » Jun 3rd, '15, 12:10

I haven't put in a lot of practice for pu-erhs, mostly enjoying other varieties of tea. However, even when I drink from my ten year old or five year old pu-erh, I experience an intense drunkenness. I did not know it was so common. I realize that each tea has somewhat different effects, but they can all be strong effects. The pu-erh drunkenness, for me, stands out because it is overwhelming due to the high temperature and processing of the tea. Even as I'm writing this, I'm feeling quite pu-drunk.

Nice to learn this particular effect has a name.

+ Post Reply