...Oolong!

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.


User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 20:22
Posts: 749
Joined: Dec 30th, '07, 00:10
Location: Earth

...Oolong!

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:22

When you see or hear the word oolong, what tea site/store/merchant comes to mind?

:D

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 20:55
Posts: 157
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 19:10
Location: Maryland

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:55

Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 20:58
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

by tenuki » Apr 22nd, '08, 20:58

HouDe for Taiwanese
Red Blossom for Chinese/WuYi (their golden buddha is fantastic)

But I have some local shops that are better... ;)

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 21:03
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

by tenuki » Apr 22nd, '08, 21:03

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>
Uh, it's just tea, you add water then drink it. ;)

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 21:04
Posts: 749
Joined: Dec 30th, '07, 00:10
Location: Earth

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 22nd, '08, 21:04

I wish I had some local independant stores to buy tea... :cry:

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 21:05
Posts: 284
Joined: Mar 6th, '08, 18:02
Location: immersed in tea
Contact: trent

by trent » Apr 22nd, '08, 21:05

http://www.just4tea.com/ has some great tie guan yin. All of their oolongs are my favorite.

EDIT: What shop do you think has the best aged oolong? What about the best dan cong?

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 22:02
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

by Victoria » Apr 22nd, '08, 22:02

It's all about Hou De.
And Jing Shop
And sometimes about TeaCuppa.
And let's not forget Adagio.
I love oolong.

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 22:05
Posts: 5191
Joined: Dec 20th, '06, 23:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida

by Salsero » Apr 22nd, '08, 22:05

trent wrote:EDIT: What shop do you think has the best aged oolong? What about the best dan cong?
It seems to me that you need multiple threads for oolong! I would be surprised to find one vendor at the top of most lists for green oolongs, aged oolongs, dark oolongs, roasted oolongs, bai hao, and dan cong.

User avatar
Apr 22nd, '08, 22:21
Posts: 8107
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 06:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Contact: Victoria

by Victoria » Apr 22nd, '08, 22:21

tenuki wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>
Uh, it's just tea, you add water then drink it. ;)
Ummm yeah, that's what I said.
:wink:

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 10:15
Posts: 1899
Joined: Mar 22nd, '08, 22:26
Location: Shanghai

by chrl42 » Apr 23rd, '08, 10:15

I would recommend Jingteashop for Oolong.

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 23:10
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

by tenuki » Apr 23rd, '08, 23:10

chrl42 wrote:I would recommend Jingteashop for Oolong.
I would second this recommendation for chinese oolongs. :)

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 23:12
Posts: 2327
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 19:46
Location: Seattle Area
Contact: tenuki

by tenuki » Apr 23rd, '08, 23:12

Victoria wrote:
tenuki wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>
Uh, it's just tea, you add water then drink it. ;)
Ummm yeah, that's what I said.
:wink:
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately so do stupid ones. Let's just agree we are in the former category ok?

+ Post Reply