...Oolong!

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 00:22
Posts: 747
Joined: Dec 30th, '07, 05:10
Location: Earth

...Oolong!

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:22

When you see or hear the word oolong, what tea site/store/merchant comes to mind?

:D

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 00:55
Posts: 157
Joined: Apr 8th, '08, 23:10
Location: Maryland

by ThinkingOutLoud » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:55

Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 00:58
Posts: 2299
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 23:46
Location: Seattle Area

by tenuki » Apr 23rd, '08, 00:58

HouDe for Taiwanese
Red Blossom for Chinese/WuYi (their golden buddha is fantastic)

But I have some local shops that are better... ;)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 01:03
Posts: 2299
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 23:46
Location: Seattle Area

by tenuki » Apr 23rd, '08, 01:03

ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>
Uh, it's just tea, you add water then drink it. ;)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 01:04
Posts: 747
Joined: Dec 30th, '07, 05:10
Location: Earth

by PolyhymnianMuse » Apr 23rd, '08, 01:04

I wish I had some local independant stores to buy tea... :cry:

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 01:05
Posts: 281
Joined: Mar 6th, '08, 23:02
Location: immersed in tea

by trent » Apr 23rd, '08, 01:05

http://www.just4tea.com/ has some great tie guan yin. All of their oolongs are my favorite.

EDIT: What shop do you think has the best aged oolong? What about the best dan cong?

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 02:02
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:02

It's all about Hou De.
And Jing Shop
And sometimes about TeaCuppa.
And let's not forget Adagio.
I love oolong.

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 02:05
Posts: 5151
Joined: Dec 21st, '06, 04:33
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Been thanked: 1 time

by Salsero » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:05

trent wrote:EDIT: What shop do you think has the best aged oolong? What about the best dan cong?
It seems to me that you need multiple threads for oolong! I would be surprised to find one vendor at the top of most lists for green oolongs, aged oolongs, dark oolongs, roasted oolongs, bai hao, and dan cong.

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 02:21
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » Apr 23rd, '08, 02:21

tenuki wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>
Uh, it's just tea, you add water then drink it. ;)
Ummm yeah, that's what I said.
:wink:

User avatar
Apr 23rd, '08, 14:15
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mar 23rd, '08, 02:26
Location: Yixing

by chrl42 » Apr 23rd, '08, 14:15

I would recommend Jingteashop for Oolong.

User avatar
Apr 24th, '08, 03:10
Posts: 2299
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 23:46
Location: Seattle Area

by tenuki » Apr 24th, '08, 03:10

chrl42 wrote:I would recommend Jingteashop for Oolong.
I would second this recommendation for chinese oolongs. :)
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )

User avatar
Apr 24th, '08, 03:12
Posts: 2299
Joined: Oct 23rd, '06, 23:46
Location: Seattle Area

by tenuki » Apr 24th, '08, 03:12

Victoria wrote:
tenuki wrote:
ThinkingOutLoud wrote:Fear ... just the word fear. (I think I can, I think I can, I think I can ....) The TKY sample has arrived and tomorrow is the day for the *big brew.* <sigh>
Uh, it's just tea, you add water then drink it. ;)
Ummm yeah, that's what I said.
:wink:
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately so do stupid ones. Let's just agree we are in the former category ok?
Do something different, something different will happen. ( Gong Fu Garden )