Aug 17th, '08, 22:12
Scrolling: scrolling

by Geekgirl » Aug 17th, '08, 22:12

Ha! Can you imagine the look you would have gotten?

I don't know what the symbol is supposed to represent, but it sure doesn't remind me of teaware.

Aug 17th, '08, 22:19

by chamekke » Aug 17th, '08, 22:19

I'm going to try and be good and go slightly back on topic again. (I've been a bad girl today...)

Check out this very cool Tetsubin poster that I discovered on Flickr yesterday. It was created as part of a Digital Design art assignment. Mouse over it to find the notes.

Do read the full blurb by the artist, including this part which I just love (my emphasis):
Flickr user andropolis wrote:For the Japanese text, I used an online translator to convert English phrases into awkward, clumsy Japanese wordage. It mainly talks about how awesome tetsubin teapots are, how they brew great tea, how they make lesser tea products feel inadequate, and how they come in a wide variety of colors.

Aug 19th, '08, 10:44

by betta » Aug 19th, '08, 10:44

Thanks for all feedback. Shogun.. unfortunately teavana isn't in EU. I've been looking for available shops nearby or at least in EU to avoid custom fee.
Unfortunately there're not many available here.
I'm deciding to acquire one of these:
Iwachu or Oigen foundry
Both the price and the model are IMO comparable but the question is: how is Oigen foundry's product compare to Iwachu's? Anyone has experience with their stuffs?

Aug 19th, '08, 22:42

by Smells_Familiar » Aug 19th, '08, 22:42

GeekgirlUnveiled wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone else think this button icon from Teavana's site looks like an Asian Mr Yuck:

I think it looks like two waves about to swallow two meteors... or a mr. yuck face

Mar 13th, '09, 10:07

My Iwachu IS rusted on the inside

by simdhertefelt » Mar 13th, '09, 10:07

I use my Iwachu to make two brews a day that I drink slowly while working. So the pot is wet all day. And I did notice (after one years of usage) that the bottom of the inside is rusted. I also noticed a slight metal taste, but that may also be my imagination after noticing the rust. So, does this mean Iwachu pots are not suitable for all-day usage? Or can I still use the pot while rusted? Is there a health risk?

Mar 13th, '09, 11:16
Scrolling: scrolling

by Chip » Mar 13th, '09, 11:16

Iwachu is a pretty good brand imho, certainly better than a lot of the crappy ones I have seen more and more of, and it is made in Japan.

Is yours enamelled on the inside?
blah blah blah SENCHA blah blah blah!!!

+ Post Reply