So, does this mean you have over 10 teaware weaknesses?Victoria wrote:Ok, another teaware weakness, I have over 10.![]()
I should get one!
Chiran YM from O-Cha, great sencha, can't really brew it in a gaiwan though.
So, does this mean you have over 10 teaware weaknesses?Victoria wrote:Ok, another teaware weakness, I have over 10.![]()

chad wrote:Don't own one. You'd think I'd have at least one after spending 7 years on Okinawa with forays to Taiwan, Korea, etc. And, with Noritaki and Mikasa outlet stores nearby -- I never succumbed to buying "tea" accessories. Go figure?!![]()
I'm sure there will be "one" in my future since I like the concept and simplicity.
This am I'm working my way through some nice white tea that I bought at a local emporium. It's "real" white, but I don't know the pedigree.
Victoria, that's a beauty. And a perfect illustration for those people in the thread who haven't seen a gaiwan before.Victoria wrote:I like collecting them, some more decorative like my latest one:
auggy, if you have difficulty with the traditional type of gaiwan (like Victoria's or Salsero's), I do recommend the "teapot"-style gaiwan, which is very easy and pleasant to use:auggy wrote:I used the one in the Oolong box pass and it turned out an awesome cup of oolong, however, using it stressed me out. I feel dorky admitting it now, but the whole process of making enough tea for me and DH to have smallish cups was not relaxing and so even though the tea was really good, I missed the calming aspect of my typical brewing.
