A new neighbour in the tea village

Please introduce yourself here to our membership

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '09, 06:50
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 2nd, '09, 22:08
Location: Prague, CZ

A new neighbour in the tea village

by ghengiskun » Sep 3rd, '09, 06:50

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself before I start asking many strange questions about tea :) .

I drink tea for quite a few years (almost all of my life actually), but it was not until recently I found out that the magic behind the tea lies not in long steepings in a big teapot but rather in small vessels like gaiwan. Since then I learned to think when preparing my cuppa (i.e. no more 'throw it in and drink it when it's colder' tea for me ). I am always happy when I manage to make a cup of tea which smells or tastes better than before, and it still suprises me how different tea the same batch of leaves can produce.

Right now I keep 3-4 kinds of oolong handy in case thirst strikes, sometimes I savour a cup (or six) of pu-erh.

I hope I'll make lots of friends here and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. :wink:

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '09, 07:57
Posts: 857
Joined: Oct 13th, '07, 14:12
Location: Nørwåy

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Trey Winston » Sep 3rd, '09, 07:57

Welcome :D

Sep 3rd, '09, 08:48
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mar 19th, '06, 17:42
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: On the couch

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Proinsias » Sep 3rd, '09, 08:48

Welcome

It always nice to meet the new neighbours, well nearly always :D

User avatar
Sep 3rd, '09, 11:54
Posts: 699
Joined: Apr 27th, '09, 06:20
Scrolling: scrolling

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Mrs. Chip » Sep 3rd, '09, 11:54

ghengiskun, welcome to the forum. So glad you decided to join us and I look forward to learning more about you and your teas.

User avatar
Sep 4th, '09, 10:08
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 2nd, '09, 22:08
Location: Prague, CZ

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by ghengiskun » Sep 4th, '09, 10:08

Thanks everyone for hearty welcome.
Proinsias wrote:Welcome

It always nice to meet the new neighbours, well nearly always :D
I promise I'll behave. No loud music, no teadrunk friends shouting under your windows, honestly! :lol:

User avatar
Sep 4th, '09, 16:10
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Victoria » Sep 4th, '09, 16:10

Welcome, glad you joined us!

User avatar
Sep 22nd, '09, 23:44
Posts: 20891
Joined: Apr 23rd, '06, 00:52
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Chip » Sep 22nd, '09, 23:44

A belated welcome to our forum. Please don't be a stranger!

Sep 23rd, '09, 02:02
Posts: 495
Joined: Jan 31st, '09, 17:41
Location: midwest, Sanibel wannabe

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Dreamer » Sep 23rd, '09, 02:02

ghengiskun wrote: I promise I'll behave. No loud music, no teadrunk friends shouting under your windows, honestly! :lol:
We are teadrunk friends...we don't shout under windows...we just TYPE LOUD into windows!

Welcome,
Dreamer

User avatar
Sep 26th, '09, 04:43
Posts: 30
Joined: Sep 7th, '09, 20:58
Location: British-Columbia, Canada

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by JillDragon » Sep 26th, '09, 04:43

Hi, welcome to the community. :D

I still brew my tea either in a teapot or a mug and it works for me, but I need to try it with a gaiwan one of these days.

User avatar
Sep 30th, '09, 06:26
Posts: 9
Joined: Sep 2nd, '09, 22:08
Location: Prague, CZ

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by ghengiskun » Sep 30th, '09, 06:26

Victoria, Chip, Dreamer and JillDragon, thank you for the kind words of welkome. I already feel like home here on the teachat.

Though I am still rather listening than speaking here in the fora... :oops:

User avatar
Sep 30th, '09, 15:17
Posts: 443
Joined: Jun 1st, '09, 14:50
Location: Idaho

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by depravitea » Sep 30th, '09, 15:17

The gaiwan is my favorite and my default, I use it every day.
Welcome to Thunderdome.

User avatar
Sep 30th, '09, 15:18
Posts: 30
Joined: Feb 22nd, '09, 18:32

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Mr Wigster » Sep 30th, '09, 15:18

Hey, Welcome :).

Oct 2nd, '09, 00:53
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 2nd, '09, 00:45

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Katt63 » Oct 2nd, '09, 00:53

Hi All!

I am also a "Newbie" here. Stumbled onto this website & absolutely LOVE IT! :D Have placed two orders in three days!

Just got my "SAMPLES" (First order I decided to try ALL Samples) It was like Christmas morning!! Just brewed up my first cup & it's "HEAVENLY". Would love to learn some more about Teas - in general. I mostly prefer Oolongs, White Teas, Green Teas, but occassionally a STOUT Black Tea or Ceylon is nice too!

Just ordered one of the Little white Ceramic Pots. Can't wait to get it so I can go CRAZY with all my new Teas!!

Been very depressed lately, as on Disability & IV Therapy, but this website & the Teas have actually given me something to "Look Forward To".

Any suggestions on teas to try will be GREATLY appreciated!

Katt63

User avatar
Oct 14th, '09, 00:49
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: A new neighbour in the tea village

by Victoria » Oct 14th, '09, 00:49

Hi and welcome Katt!! You will enjoy your PersonaliTea, it's a great little pot.