Intuit wrote:except for that little mention of 'rock mineral' as a special characteristic of Nangang baozhong. Two characteristics mentioned, resistance to overbrewing and stability/storability.
I tasted my gift tea with Shuiwen, owner of Floating Leaves Tea prior to doing this research. She's the one who verified to me that it wasn't from pinling, pointed out the probable set of characters that signified it's location and gave me the info on the 97 date.
We both observed that it seemed to have a bit more 'tea power' than a lot of baozhongs, stronger flavors and thicker feel. I would hesitate to call it 'better' in general, but for me it has characteristics I like most in baozhongs. Also Shiuwen thought (and I did too) that it would be a great tea for aging, as a 2008 it was still fresh, no signs of being stale. We did identify that mineral note as well so I can state that without even looking for it or knowing it is there it pops out. Interesting stuff.
This gift as been a great learning catalyst.
