Aug 27th 11 6:52 pm
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 6th 11 7:16 pm

Antique Gaiwan

by jaylorgator » Aug 27th 11 6:52 pm

I'm looking to buy a nice antique gaiwan from 60-90ml. Does anyone have any suggestions?

User avatar
Aug 27th 11 7:19 pm
Vendor Member
Posts: 1990
Joined: Apr 4th 06 7:07 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Antique Gaiwan

by TIM » Aug 27th 11 7:19 pm

jaylorgator wrote:I'm looking to buy a nice antique gaiwan from 60-90ml. Does anyone have any suggestions?
What is antique to you?

Aug 27th 11 8:03 pm
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 6th 11 7:16 pm

Re: Antique Gaiwan

by jaylorgator » Aug 27th 11 8:03 pm

Anything over 25 years old, I suppose, or close to it.

User avatar
Aug 27th 11 11:16 pm
Posts: 2044
Joined: Jan 12th 07 1:47 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Antique Gaiwan

by wyardley » Aug 27th 11 11:16 pm

I think most gaiwans in that timeframe will be larger.

User avatar
Aug 28th 11 11:47 am
Posts: 120
Joined: May 8th 11 4:35 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Antique Gaiwan

by night.owl » Aug 28th 11 11:47 am

I do -- I'm on my way back from Canada today, and I saw one in an antique store I just visited. I will come back and post the details tomorrow night sometime. Very repurable, they will send photos, deliver, etc...

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Aug 29th 11 4:12 am
Posts: 120
Joined: May 8th 11 4:35 am
Location: Northern Virginia

Re: Antique Gaiwan

by night.owl » Aug 29th 11 4:12 am

Okay, I'm back. If you go to the antique teaware thread, I posted the contact info there. Ask them about the giawan in the case with the Vung Tau Cargo teaware, and request pics. It's pretty nice!