Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

Owes its flavors to oxidation levels between green & black tea.

Aug 23rd, '12, 15:38
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 19th, '12, 13:23
Location: Tokyo

Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

by Darjeelingamor » Aug 23rd, '12, 15:38

I interesting in Oolong tea near to some cualities of Darjeeling 2nd flush , very sweet frutty and floral ... any idea or suggestion ? thanks :wink:

User avatar
Aug 23rd, '12, 19:05
Vendor Member
Posts: 1990
Joined: Apr 4th, '06, 19:07
Location: NYC

Re: Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

by TIM » Aug 23rd, '12, 19:05

Darjeelingamor wrote:I interesting in Oolong tea near to some cualities of Darjeeling 2nd flush , very sweet frutty and floral ... any idea or suggestion ? thanks :wink:

Gopaldhara Wonder Tea its great for transition to Chinese oolong tea.

Aug 23rd, '12, 22:56
Posts: 6
Joined: Jun 10th, '12, 03:01

Re: Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

by dr_cat_md » Aug 23rd, '12, 22:56

You must be thinking of Oriental Beauty.

User avatar
Aug 24th, '12, 02:59
Posts: 4536
Joined: Apr 1st, '09, 04:48
Location: Bangkok

Re: Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

by Tead Off » Aug 24th, '12, 02:59

dr_cat_md wrote:You must be thinking of Oriental Beauty.
Yes, Oriental Beauty would be my choice, too.

User avatar
Aug 24th, '12, 19:25
Posts: 1312
Joined: May 27th, '09, 20:55

Re: Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

by teaisme » Aug 24th, '12, 19:25

yixing red at jings reminded me of a darjeeling

but you asked oolong so...a taiwanese honey oolong has some similarities.
Thunderbolt tea also has a Castleton oolong that looks good.....
http://www.thunderbolttea.com/darjeelin ... h-tea.html

but yeah I think tim is making a subtlety good point

Sep 1st, '12, 14:07
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 19th, '12, 13:23
Location: Tokyo

Re: Oolong near to Darjeeling Oolongs

by Darjeelingamor » Sep 1st, '12, 14:07

Today I try Oriental Beauty and is really nice , I like it . :D