Jan 10th, '13, 10:28
Posts: 48
Joined: Aug 27th, '12, 05:40

Porcelain Marks? No drip decanter

by Andrew15_06 » Jan 10th, '13, 10:28

Hi all!

So I have been having quite the time trying to find something even close to this love teapot/decanter that broke on me. It was a downspout, sort of in the shape of an elephants snout if it was lifting up with the top down. The spout sadly broke. I have been looking for something similar and am searching for the possible origin of the pot/decanter to help filter my search.

Any help in any way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Jan 10th, '13, 16:15
Posts: 2061
Joined: Mar 15th, '06, 22:43

Re: Porcelain Marks? No drip decanter

by MarshalN » Jan 10th, '13, 16:15

Looks Japanese but really hard to read. In any case, you're not going to re-find this thing using this signature - looks to be a mass market type of item.

Jan 11th, '13, 06:05
Posts: 48
Joined: Aug 27th, '12, 05:40

Re: Porcelain Marks? No drip decanter

by Andrew15_06 » Jan 11th, '13, 06:05

Yeah that's what I have been thinking and feeling too. I have no idea any more what to even search for I have tried so many. Oh well I think it is time to move on....it was just so fun to pour!! Thanks for your reply Marshal.

User avatar
Jan 12th, '13, 16:58
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th, '08, 01:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Porcelain Marks? No drip decanter

by Drax » Jan 12th, '13, 16:58

I tried searching a bit, but the closest or best I could find was this pot (not teapot) over on Yahoo auctions.

Of course, I was restricting myself to searching for "nasu" (茄子, or ナス), which is the eggplant on the side.

There's always several types of repair options, too..!

Jan 13th, '13, 17:40
Posts: 48
Joined: Aug 27th, '12, 05:40

Re: Porcelain Marks? No drip decanter

by Andrew15_06 » Jan 13th, '13, 17:40

Thanks Drax that is helping out! I haven't found one exactly but I have found some great things. :)