Just for those of you who are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnwzkDqKfgY
May 1st, '13, 22:53
Posts: 813
Joined: Nov 13th, '12, 18:49
Location: santa monica, california, usa
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
Thanks for posting. I had no idea there was such a large garbage dump outside Los Angeles... !
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
Wonderful talk, thanks for sharing! I searched TED for some talks on tea a while back, but I came up empty handed.
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
Wabi-Sabi is a good consolation for failed workpiece
J/K
It just goes down to "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", it's that simple don't let anyone tells you otherwise
edit: I think many do understand the concept of Wabi-sabi, but not that practical in modern lifestyles. It's just like I find great beauty in the gentle flow of water pouring off a teapot, but I'm too impatient to wait for it...
Some might disagree, but it's cool, not everyone is the same
It just goes down to "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", it's that simple don't let anyone tells you otherwise
edit: I think many do understand the concept of Wabi-sabi, but not that practical in modern lifestyles. It's just like I find great beauty in the gentle flow of water pouring off a teapot, but I'm too impatient to wait for it...
Some might disagree, but it's cool, not everyone is the same
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
Apparently not. ^lordsbm wrote:I think many do understand the concept of Wabi-sabi...
Last edited by edkrueger on May 7th, '13, 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
May 7th, '13, 00:51
Vendor Member
Posts: 1301
Joined: May 27th, '12, 16:47
Location: Boston, MA
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
A simple imperfect message....
Beautiful?
Useful?
Does useful = beautiful?
thanks for posting it
Beautiful?
Useful?
Does useful = beautiful?
thanks for posting it
May 7th, '13, 00:52
Vendor Member
Posts: 1301
Joined: May 27th, '12, 16:47
Location: Boston, MA
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
A simple imperfect message....
Beautiful?
Useful?
Does useful = beautiful?
thanks for posting it
Beautiful?
Useful?
Does useful = beautiful?
thanks for posting it
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
the birth of a baby is beautiful isn't it?edkrueger wrote:Apparently not. ^lordsbm wrote:I think many do understand the concept of Wabi-sabi...
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
? Seriouslylordsbm wrote:the birth of a baby is beautiful isn't it?edkrueger wrote:Apparently not. ^lordsbm wrote:I think many do understand the concept of Wabi-sabi...Well some may think otherwise, some may just blackout, some may... Ya not all
Re: Wabi-sabi TEDx talk
keep u guessingTIM wrote:? Seriously
edit: As I said "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"