Jan 3rd, '08, 16:01
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 15:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Jan 3rd, '08, 16:14
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 15:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Cool, I should of known you know where to buy! I also read your newspaper clip on your blog ! I am so jealous! Good for you bro.. I hope you take pics and post it on your blog
Don't always believe what you think!
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
Jan 3rd, '08, 18:24
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 15:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Does anyone know if it is processing or leaf type as to why they are yellow?
Don't always believe what you think!
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
Is the leaf really yellow? I always thought it was more or less green.
Yellow tea is all in the processing. The leaf used is either all early spring buds or mao feng (two leaves and a bud), similar to many greens. The leaf undergoes the same processing as a green up until the initial firing. Then, the leaf is lightly and slowly steamed, then covered with a cloth so the leaf can 'reabsorb it's aromatics' (this step is call men huan, literally: "sealing yellow"). Men huan lasts from a few hours to a few days, so the leaf can develop a greater sweetness and fragrance. After men huan is complete, yellow tea leaf, once again, follows the processing of a green.
Yellow tea is all in the processing. The leaf used is either all early spring buds or mao feng (two leaves and a bud), similar to many greens. The leaf undergoes the same processing as a green up until the initial firing. Then, the leaf is lightly and slowly steamed, then covered with a cloth so the leaf can 'reabsorb it's aromatics' (this step is call men huan, literally: "sealing yellow"). Men huan lasts from a few hours to a few days, so the leaf can develop a greater sweetness and fragrance. After men huan is complete, yellow tea leaf, once again, follows the processing of a green.
Jan 3rd, '08, 19:00
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 15:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Cool, Thanks for the heads up fatal. Very informative
Don't always believe what you think!
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
Jan 4th, '08, 14:04
Posts: 1936
Joined: May 22nd, '06, 15:28
Location: Trapped inside a bamboo tong!
Make us proud! And if it isnt too much make a shameless plug for our blogs! LOL~Space Samurai wrote:Thanks hop, I plan to.
I know, I am terrible!
Don't always believe what you think!
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/
http://www.ancientteahorseroad.blogspot.com
http://englishtea.us/