Rosebud tea

Healthy herbs, rooibos, honeybush, decaf tea, and yerba mate.

Aug 28th 05 1:25 am
Posts: 2
Joined: Aug 28th 05 1:19 am

Rosebud tea

by Harry5West » Aug 28th 05 1:25 am

Hi,

I tried rosebud tea in a tearoom a while back and wanted to get some for myself.
I found a high quality one at goldenteahouse.com, but I was wondering if $10 for 50 grams is a fair price.


Thank you!

H

Aug 28th 05 8:56 pm

by Deleted User #115 » Aug 28th 05 8:56 pm

IS it a blooming bud tea? Those are always expensive, yet beautiful. Adagio has several ones that bloom... jasmine mostly I think.

User avatar
Aug 29th 05 2:30 am
Posts: 218
Joined: Jul 15th 05 11:36 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

by PeteVu » Aug 29th 05 2:30 am

red bloom is gorgeous when blooming, i love it more for the visual appeal than its taste.
There are four advantages to green tea... Its beauty, its taste, its aroma, and its health benefits. Learn to enjoy the first three and you'll forget you drank it for the fourth. ^^

User avatar
Oct 8th 05 6:58 pm
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 8th 05 6:46 pm
Location: SEATTLE

by Tyler_987 » Oct 8th 05 6:58 pm

that sounds interesting . . . .
"i like tea a lot"
---"tea is for fat old british ladys"
"shut up no its not"
---"lets duel"

Feb 25th 06 11:39 pm

rose tea

by oppo » Feb 25th 06 11:39 pm

I buy my rose tea on ebay for a lot cheaper. I got mine for $1.99US for 50g.

hope this helps!

User avatar
Feb 26th 06 3:15 am
Posts: 122
Joined: Feb 19th 06 1:27 pm
Location: San Jose, CA

by yresim » Feb 26th 06 3:15 am

I think he is talking about tea made from roses, rather than blooming tea.

$10 for 50 grams is a little on the expensive side, but not completely unreasonable.

Tao of Tea sells rose buds & petals for $7.26 per 2 ounces. That's about 56 grams. I haven't tried a lot of other rose bud/petal teas, so I can't say how it rates.

I will say that, with many teas, you get what you pay for. There are exceptions, however. If I were you, I would get some of the $1.99 tea, some of the stuff from Royal Dynasty, and some of the $10 tea. Then, you can make up your own mind about which one is worth it. You might find that the $1.99 tea is just as good, or you might find that the $10 tea is the only one worth drinking, or even that the $7 tea is best.

Whatever the case, I hope you enjoy your quest.
"I know! We could go to the Bronze, sneak in our own tea bags, and ask for hot water."
- Willow, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Reptile Boy, Season 2)

Favorite teas: earl grey, assam, white