Tea Book Reviews

For general/other topics related to tea.

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 2:10 pm
Posts: 485
Joined: Feb 3rd 08 12:32 am

Tea Book Reviews

by TimeforTea » Apr 9th 08 2:10 pm

I've seen a couple of topics involving tea book recommendations. How about having a teachat forum specifically for tea book reviews? Perhaps it can also include tea magazine reviews, too.

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 2:49 pm
Posts: 1962
Joined: Apr 6th 08 11:02 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Re: Tea Book Reviews

by chamekke » Apr 9th 08 2:49 pm

Teasweetie wrote:I've seen a couple of topics involving tea book recommendations. How about having a teachat forum specifically for tea book reviews? Perhaps it can also include tea magazine reviews, too.
That's a great idea!

I vote Yes :)

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 6:43 pm
Posts: 1582
Joined: Dec 20th 06 8:10 pm

by Mary R » Apr 9th 08 6:43 pm

It's a fantastic idea, and the moderators will take it into consideration. We've been a little concerned as of late that there might just be too many forums...but that's why the computer geniuses invented scrolling, eh?

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 6:51 pm
Posts: 339
Joined: Jan 27th 08 8:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

by Sam. » Apr 9th 08 6:51 pm

There are tea magazines? What are their names? I might want to subscribe!

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 6:55 pm
Posts: 3367
Joined: Feb 8th 08 7:10 am
Location: France

by olivierco » Apr 9th 08 6:55 pm

scarrell wrote:There are tea magazines? What are their names? I might want to subscribe!
http://the-leaf.org/

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 7:12 pm
Posts: 1962
Joined: Apr 6th 08 11:02 pm
Location: British Columbia, Canada

by chamekke » Apr 9th 08 7:12 pm

I guess we could use the Misc > Other forum. It doesn't have to have its own forum. It would be nice if the topic could be pinned, though. On the other hand, I'm not sure this forum has that functionality.

User avatar
Apr 9th 08 7:25 pm
Posts: 475
Joined: Mar 23rd 07 2:32 pm
Location: dirty Jersey.

by xine » Apr 9th 08 7:25 pm


User avatar
Apr 9th 08 7:52 pm
Posts: 21658
Joined: Apr 23rd 06 12:52 am
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Back in the TeaCave atop Mt. Fuji

by Chip » Apr 9th 08 7:52 pm

chamekke wrote:I guess we could use the Misc > Other forum. It doesn't have to have its own forum. It would be nice if the topic could be pinned, though. On the other hand, I'm not sure this forum has that functionality.
We have the technology :lol:

The mods are discussing this subject. We have some reservations about creating a whole new forum because we already have too many IMHO. I suggest possibly making a continuous thread for books, etc under TeaCritic...seems like a good place since it was partly formed for reviews.

The thread could be pinned "sticky" or Information which would keep it at the top.

This would be a place to start, but your opinions would be helpful.

User avatar
Apr 10th 08 1:45 am
Posts: 485
Joined: Feb 3rd 08 12:32 am

by TimeforTea » Apr 10th 08 1:45 am

Chip wrote:
chamekke wrote:I guess we could use the Misc > Other forum. It doesn't have to have its own forum. It would be nice if the topic could be pinned, though. On the other hand, I'm not sure this forum has that functionality.
We have the technology :lol:

The mods are discussing this subject. We have some reservations about creating a whole new forum because we already have too many IMHO. I suggest possibly making a continuous thread for books, etc under TeaCritic...seems like a good place since it was partly formed for reviews.

The thread could be pinned "sticky" or Information which would keep it at the top.

This would be a place to start, but your opinions would be helpful.
Actually, I like the idea of keeping it as a thread with a "sticky". I guess something like tea books and tea magazines really would not have enough information to devote to an entire forum. However, it would be nice to have something like this in one place for when people type "tea book" or "tea magazine" in the search box. :D

User avatar
Apr 10th 08 3:48 am
Posts: 1582
Joined: Dec 20th 06 8:10 pm

by Mary R » Apr 10th 08 3:48 am

All right, we'll give this a go and see how it evolves. You may find a stickied thread for the topic here.