And if so, where's the place to find the best Ti Kuan Yin? I love this stuff.
And are there any other sweet tasting oolongs out there I should try that taste like this?
Try serendipiTea's Forever Spring aka Si Jie Chun, it has sweet notes of honey and pineapple and tastes very similar to Ti Kuan Yin.jdharding wrote:And are there any other sweet tasting oolongs out there I should try that taste like this?
Then I have been wrong for years...I will get them mixed up again I am sure.bearsbearsbears wrote:In pinyin, it's tie guan yin. "g" should be used over "k" because /k/ and /g/ are distinct contrasting phonemes in Chinese.
Pinyin being the standard romanization of Mandarin on the mainland, and the mainland being the source of tie guan yin, I personally prefer to use it.
PWNDbearsbearsbears wrote:In pinyin, it's tie guan yin. "g" should be used over "k" because /k/ and /g/ are distinct contrasting phonemes in Chinese.
Pinyin being the standard romanization of Mandarin on the mainland, and the mainland being the source of tie guan yin, I personally prefer to use it.