and didn't like any of them. cant stand the citrus and the flower taste and cant describe the English breakfast i know i didn't.like it. would some you experts please recommend something that taste like tea and nothing else? i like my tea reasonably strong.
thanks
Jun 16th, '08, 17:00
Posts: 334
Joined: Jul 8th, '07, 17:19
Location: Submerged in a good cuppa
What kinds of tea did you enjoy before trying whole leaf?
And also, how did you brew the teas in the starter set?
edit: It may help us solve why the teas were displeasing, and also it *will* help us (especially knowing what you've enjoyed previously) know what to recommend.
And also, how did you brew the teas in the starter set?
edit: It may help us solve why the teas were displeasing, and also it *will* help us (especially knowing what you've enjoyed previously) know what to recommend.
Last edited by Eastree on Jun 16th, '08, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 16th, '08, 17:33
Posts: 334
Joined: Jul 8th, '07, 17:19
Location: Submerged in a good cuppa
Flavored teas really aren't my go-to either. Lipton is largely Ceylon-based blends, so if that happened to have come with the order, I'd say give it a try.
I do like Irish breakfast more than English. It's a blend based off of black tea from Keemun. Adagio has two offerings, and IIRC there are vastly different reviews of each. But the Keemun Concerto, I can enjoy on the occasion that I brew a pot of black tea.
Something to watch a bit, though, compared to bagged tea, is not letting it steep too long. It seems Lipton does something to their teas, or with the blend, so that over-brewing doesn't always kill the batch. But with whole leaf teas, too long is too long. It's not too exact, but still. Also, some black teas to better with a three minute steep than five, but it all depends on the tea.
I do like Irish breakfast more than English. It's a blend based off of black tea from Keemun. Adagio has two offerings, and IIRC there are vastly different reviews of each. But the Keemun Concerto, I can enjoy on the occasion that I brew a pot of black tea.
Something to watch a bit, though, compared to bagged tea, is not letting it steep too long. It seems Lipton does something to their teas, or with the blend, so that over-brewing doesn't always kill the batch. But with whole leaf teas, too long is too long. It's not too exact, but still. Also, some black teas to better with a three minute steep than five, but it all depends on the tea.