As soon as I opened my tea order, I went to the kitchen to clear a counter for my "tea shrine". I lined up the large Adiago tea tins as well as the ingenuiTEA and the clarity cup.
This is the first time that I ordered tea in the large tins and I have to say that I'm impressed with their quality. Next time I order tea, I can just order the bulk tea and refill the tins!
I also got the Valentines tea and it smells so lovely. I am going to make my first cup of Valentines this weekend.
Stay warm everyone and enjoy your teas!
Teatime
There is a space between the wall of my pantry and my toaster that is dedicated to teas. All of my sample tins are there, as well as my cast iron teapot. In the cabinet above it reside my bags, boxes, canisters, etc of tea. 
On the subject of ordering Papa John's online:
Mike B - It's like ordering porn -- only tastier.
Mike B - It's like ordering porn -- only tastier.
Nov 17th, '05, 20:51
Posts: 210
Joined: Jun 9th, '05, 05:21
Location: The tea wasteland that is Utah
I've completely taken over two small cupboard shelves in the kitchen, and am in the porcess of co-opting three more! It wouldn't be so many except people keep buying me tea pots and I do have to put them somewhere.....
I also have a mini-tea shrine on my end table by the bed. I've got an electric kettle, a mug, a sugar bowl, and usually a box lady grey tea bags and a couple of sample tins of what ever is my current favorite from Adagio. Right now it's english breakfast and earl grey.
Anna
I also have a mini-tea shrine on my end table by the bed. I've got an electric kettle, a mug, a sugar bowl, and usually a box lady grey tea bags and a couple of sample tins of what ever is my current favorite from Adagio. Right now it's english breakfast and earl grey.
Anna
Harmony Respect Purity Tranquility
Nov 22nd, '05, 19:45
Posts: 113
Joined: Oct 12th, '05, 15:05
Location: Floating In a Teacup
I have my 3-tiered shelf full of teas, herbs and spices, along with my japanese tea pot and 2 traditional japanese figurines. The excess of tins, teas and herbs now lines the shelf above my stove and is spilling out onto the butcher's block that sidles up to the oven. I need a bigger kitchen (or just more shelves!)
I have a whole corner tea shrine, complete with...(of course) ... tea light candles!
I would love if people could take a picture of their tea shrine and email them to me: madpotsoftea@aol.com
Alternatively, you can share them on CitySippers group site
I have a whole corner tea shrine, complete with...(of course) ... tea light candles!
I would love if people could take a picture of their tea shrine and email them to me: madpotsoftea@aol.com
Alternatively, you can share them on CitySippers group site
I had a great tea shrine -adagio samples piles 3 high in the back, 2 high in the middle, and 1 high across the front, with my X-large containers of Vanilla and Gingerbread teas on the side, my electric kettle and a box of splenda on one side, and my measuring teaspoon in front. I loved it!
But then my boyfriend, trying to help, cleaned the kitchen one day and put all the carefully arranged teas amongst the cabinet, which is 4 shelves tall. Problem is, I can barely see the bottom shelf much less the other 3 so I can't even find my teas anymore.
I also have a teachest with a set of black teapot/teacups, a french press, my personaliTea, and a stove kettle scattered around the kitchen.
But then my boyfriend, trying to help, cleaned the kitchen one day and put all the carefully arranged teas amongst the cabinet, which is 4 shelves tall. Problem is, I can barely see the bottom shelf much less the other 3 so I can't even find my teas anymore.
I also have a teachest with a set of black teapot/teacups, a french press, my personaliTea, and a stove kettle scattered around the kitchen.
Nov 23rd, '05, 03:56
Posts: 113
Joined: Oct 12th, '05, 15:05
Location: Floating In a Teacup
It looks as if you have some shrine building to do....
as for me, I've had the opposite effect with my boyfriend. His house was devoid of tea (or accompanying shrine) so I got him into it and have designed the nook of his counter space with the teas he has since bought....
Photos to follow in about a week or so on my web group page...
as for me, I've had the opposite effect with my boyfriend. His house was devoid of tea (or accompanying shrine) so I got him into it and have designed the nook of his counter space with the teas he has since bought....
Photos to follow in about a week or so on my web group page...
http://www.christianmuse.org/tea.html for my old pre-adagio tea shrine. I'll try to get a picture up of my current tea shrine within a day or so and I'll post an update when its up.
John Grebe
John Grebe
John Grebe
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~C. S. Lewis
I'd thought I'd posted links to my (mostly) pre-Adagio shrine, but I'm not seeing my reply in the list.
Here it is; the guest password is viewme.
I'll take photos soon of my Adagio stash.
Here it is; the guest password is viewme.
I'll take photos soon of my Adagio stash.
I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form.
This is my stash, but only the one at school. At home, my mom and I have taken over an entire shelf of the lazy susan in the corner as well as a whole corner of counter space. Heehee... Viva la tea!

This is where I make my tea... in my favorite tea cups... which say "tea" on the sides.

~teaspoon

This is where I make my tea... in my favorite tea cups... which say "tea" on the sides.

~teaspoon
"My sister and I have this wish before we die...
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"
I am the size of 1 tsp.
Tea in the Sahara with you."
~The Police, "Tea in the Sahara"
I am the size of 1 tsp.
n00bish
Whoa...that's a lot of tea. I don't really keep all that much tea myself, just a few favorites. I'm almost ashamed to say that they live in the cupboard in some tins. Now I kinda' want to clear off a shelf in my room and arrange them all cool looking.
My girlfriend is really adventurous with tea though...she's always trying new things and making her own blends and stuff. She keeps quite a stash too.
My girlfriend is really adventurous with tea though...she's always trying new things and making her own blends and stuff. She keeps quite a stash too.
Greetings Guest.Anonymous wrote:So...if you could have a custom tea cabinet, what would it have on it, what sections, and what size would it be?
My ideal "tea cabinet" is actually more of a shelf. I have seen corner shelving such as the following:
If I had one, it would be placed in one of the corners of my dining room - easilly accessable from the kitchen. I could display the tins and canisters, place my teapot(s - if I ever manage to get more) for display, yet still have everything easily accessable.
On the subject of ordering Papa John's online:
Mike B - It's like ordering porn -- only tastier.
Mike B - It's like ordering porn -- only tastier.