
My tea center, show me yours
Hey guys, I just wanted to show off the tea shelf I built on my kitchen counter. I think it looks pretty sweet. Includes the water heater, steeper, cups, tea, book about tea, and sugar crystals. I don't really have a point to this post, other than to inspire others to do something similar or better. If you've got a cooler setup, I'd like to see it


Dec 7th, '08, 21:27
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Dec 7th, '08, 21:32
Posts: 1051
Joined: Jul 7th, '07, 05:37
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR
Very cool, breakspirit
I've been thinking about what I will do when I move. Since I'll be in an apartment I probably won't be able to mount shelves, so I am going to have to get a bookcase or something. I have a lot of tea and teaware - right now the tea takes an entire cupboard and I mounted two 1'x4' shelves for the teaware, which doesn't include the tray, zoji, or collection of samples. So we'll see how it all turns out 
Dec 7th, '08, 22:04
Posts: 1051
Joined: Jul 7th, '07, 05:37
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Portland, OR
I have the benefit (or curse, depending on how you look at it) of having a local shop that caters to the Asian community, and so sells basic teaware for cheap. I get all my gaiwans, cups, utensils, and so on, all for under $10breakspirit wrote:sounds like you have a lot more tea stuff than I do, ABx. I'm pretty new to the serious tea scene, so my collection is modest for now.
right now, I am using the space on the dishwasher, in front of the microwave. It has the benefit of being close to the sink and having an electrical outlet for the kettle.
Soon, I will put my bamboo tea tray in a dedicated place to make it a little more aesthetic.
Function over form at this point....

Soon, I will put my bamboo tea tray in a dedicated place to make it a little more aesthetic.
Function over form at this point....

Dec 7th, '08, 23:00
Posts: 1598
Joined: Jan 11th, '07, 21:13
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: SF Bay Area, CA



