I think most tea drinkers would not use glass for a kettle.
I use a completely glass (non-induction) kettle, and I've used a glass kettle with a metal base (also non-induction) in the past. For me, the biggest drawback is the slow boil (which many people agree is not ideal for water, and of course it's also a little test of one's patience at times) -- about 15-20 minutes to bring 3/4 of the kettle to a boil after the hot plate is completely warmed up. I assume this is because all of the heat is coming from one part of the kettle, whereas a kettle that conducts / retains heat more would heat the water faster. I assume the induction one would be faster than these other kinds, but I don't know by how much.
I can think of a number of people who know a lot more than I do about tea who use and / or recommend glass kettles. Best Tea House in HK (and Canada), Tea Gallery in NY, I believe Wisteria Teahouse in Taipei uses them, etc. etc.
I think most tea drinkers use stainless steel and / or plastic kettles, and in comparison to those, glass has some advantages. Glass kettles are also fairly practical (don't rust), fairly light and easy to handle, and make it easy to see exactly what the water is doing. An earthenware or iron kettle will probably retain heat longer than glass, which I would say is good in some situations, maybe not as good in others.
I think it's safe to say that a glass kettle is unlikely to
improve the water, but on the other hand, it's also pretty safe to say it won't hurt it. And you can use things like bamboo charcoal, gypsum, maifan stones, broken up teapots, etc. if you want to try to improve the flavor of the water.
