User avatar
May 10th, '09, 21:01
Posts: 1777
Joined: Jun 4th, '08, 23:41
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Stockport, England

The price of water

by Herb_Master » May 10th, '09, 21:01

Can Anyone afford to dispense their water from this?


Image


Well out of my budget!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rare-Water-Urn-Di ... .m63.l1177

User avatar
May 10th, '09, 21:19
Posts: 8065
Joined: Jan 8th, '08, 11:00
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Southern CA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Victoria » May 10th, '09, 21:19

Mine too, but at least I get free shipping!

May 10th, '09, 21:26

by Deleted User #17777 » May 10th, '09, 21:26

pretty - but there is no justification of price. looks 20th c to me, but I am cynical.

User avatar
May 10th, '09, 22:18
Posts: 2000
Joined: Mar 3rd, '09, 22:18

by entropyembrace » May 10th, '09, 22:18

Somehow I don't think it would make my water taste $950 better. :lol:

User avatar
May 10th, '09, 22:46
Posts: 2794
Joined: Oct 17th, '08, 01:01
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: Arlington, VA
Been thanked: 2 times

by Drax » May 10th, '09, 22:46

Interesting. Of course, even more interesting that the vendor can't explain anything more about the origin, yet it's seemingly worth $950.

Right.

User avatar
May 11th, '09, 05:36
Posts: 1132
Joined: Nov 28th, '08, 20:14

by Oni » May 11th, '09, 05:36

Better get a mizusashi for 50 $, from kyo porcelain that holds 3 liters.

User avatar
May 13th, '09, 20:03
Posts: 243
Joined: Dec 2nd, '08, 03:04
Scrolling: scrolling

by JP » May 13th, '09, 20:03

Ah-so! I have deciphered the justification for the high price. From the description:

"Chinese writhing on bottom."

You can't find that just anywhere! :wink:
刀獾
片和

May 13th, '09, 20:19
Posts: 511
Joined: Dec 26th, '08, 23:21
Scrolling: scrolling

by bsteele » May 13th, '09, 20:19

This device seems to be working wonders for me:

Image

I'm willing to sell mine for a cool $950. I'll even sign the bottom :)

User avatar
May 13th, '09, 20:46
Posts: 1628
Joined: Jun 17th, '08, 18:11
Location: Oregon

by geeber1 » May 13th, '09, 20:46

JP wrote:Ah-so! I have deciphered the justification for the high price. From the description:

"Chinese writhing on bottom."

You can't find that just anywhere! :wink:
I bet it's hard for him to breathe when it's full of water - maybe that's why he's writhing? :lol:

User avatar
May 14th, '09, 15:08
Posts: 255
Joined: Jan 13th, '09, 03:49
Scrolling: scrolling
Location: RI, USA

by hooksie » May 14th, '09, 15:08

bsteele wrote:This device seems to be working wonders for me:

Image

I'm willing to sell mine for a cool $950. I'll even sign the bottom :)
Sold! Where can I send my money to?
We were fated to pretend.