Espresso drinker but caffeine buzz after drinking sencha?

Made from leaves that have not been oxidized.

May 13th 09 7:52 am
Posts: 281
Joined: Feb 11th 08 9:49 pm

Espresso drinker but caffeine buzz after drinking sencha?

by inspectoring » May 13th 09 7:52 am

I used to drink about 5-6 cups of espresso however, I can't seem to explain why I get an immediate caffeine buzz after finishing my first cup of sencha in the morning. I am almost certain that the caffeine content does not exceed 40 - 50 mg in one cup.

User avatar
May 13th 09 8:21 am
Posts: 1132
Joined: Nov 28th 08 8:14 pm

by Oni » May 13th 09 8:21 am

Wait until you try gyokuro, and matcha koicha, no coffe in the world can match a koicha when it comes to stimulation, koicha is not an everyday tea, I couldn`t drink it daily, only 3 times a week.

User avatar
May 13th 09 12:35 pm
Posts: 401
Joined: Nov 9th 08 1:46 am
Location: NYC

by chingwa » May 13th 09 12:35 pm

Try as I might I never feel I get a caffeine buzz from tea. Koicha will keep me up until the wee hours of the morning if I drink it after 7pm, but I never get a buzzed or energized feeling from it.

Sometimes I think maybe I'm desensitized to caffeine...but I don't drink coffee or soda at all...